Chapter 1

Chapter 1.

3rd person POV.

"So are you guys glad that we are returning to Hogwarts?", Hermione asked.

The golden trio was on their way to their final year of Hogwarts, now that the second wizarding war was over things could go back to normal. "Yeah..." the boys replied.

Harry was staring out the window, watching the land they passed on the Hogwarts express. It was quite green out, a very nice sight.

"What's wrong?" Ron was looking at Hermione, Harry tuned their voices out without realizing.

"Nothing for me, I'm just not excited to start studies again. Or getting up early. Or-" Ron started

"Yes! I get it Ron." Hermione knocked him off.

"Harry? What about you?"

"What?"

"Were you even listening? Seriously Harry..." she sighed.

"I was! I just, uhm,"

"Then what were we talking about?" Ron said smirking

"Grapes..? I don't know..." He admitted.

"Grapes?", Ron let out a small laugh while Hermione just grinned. Harry seemed to lose interest and went back to looking out the window.

Time just seemed to fly by as the trio were already getting off the train talking. There seemed to be more carriages (just a few) for the returning 8th years. Harry and Hermione looked around only to find that there weren't as many returning 8th year students as they thought there would be. Though it did make sense as most families had lost loved ones and were not ready to return. As they were looking around, a familiar voice rang out behind them,"Hey, guys!", neville ran up from behind them as they got in a carriage," I'm glad I caught you! Can I ride with you?", He asked sheepishly.

"Yes, why would you need to ask?", Harry smiled warmly to his mate.

"Right, well I'm glad you're here, I thought I would be one of the few that returned. Gran wanted me to finish my education, and I was hoping to get a little bit more of an understanding in herbology before I leave. Though Gran says I'm already really good, y-you know?"

"Yeah, we wanted to finish up our last year here. I'm going to miss this place." Hermione replied before anyone else could say anything.

"Yeah, I'm sad that this is already our last year...", Harry finished.

"Well, we can always make some new memories for this year, I mean it's not like we won't have any trouble this year." Ron Joked.

The other laughed with Harry as he said."Yeah, trouble always seems to find us, more specifically me."

Harry continued to think about what a peaceful year would be like, as the four continued talking till the carriages made it to the castle.