Back to Square 1?

Naira: Kartik can we go to some place where we two are tthere ALONE....

Kartik could see the deep affection in her eyes, and realized that how spontaneous she had been with her advice, too spontaneous that she didn't even let her shyness to take over her, but most shockingly for Kartik, that shyness was NOT taking over her, she was staring straight into his eyes, not blinking or lowering her eyes.

Naira: Please

This time Kartik cheeks started boiling hot, she was grabbing his arm, and digging her nails into his bare arm skin in midst of a hundred people.

But Kartik Goenka wasn't too easy to make nervous, he quickly shrugged off the blush and nervousness which was about to take over his mind, reminding him that he was a 27 years old adult, and the girl staring into his eyes, was no other than his lawfully wedded wife and as the blush went., he was able to notice the sweet innocence oozing out of her eyes..a smile broke his lips and he placed his hand on her hand which she was had almost half digged in his arm..He leaned forward, and managed to utter in a sensuous tone

Kartik: Sure...?

and she lowered her eyes, a shy smile breaking her lips, she left his arm and went outside the restaurant. Thanks to the glass doors, Kartik saw her going out and she stood beside the car, nervously playing with her Hair, and Kartik smiled to himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After almost 10 minutes Kartik came out of McDonalds, holding two delivery packets.

Naira: This...?

Kartik meanwhile opened the locks and Naira sat in, and Kartik placed the packets on the back seat and himself sat on the drivers' seat..and he knew Naira was waiting for his answer..

Kartik: Well I thought, if atmosphere if of my kind then food should be of your kind...

Another deep shyness, her cheeks growing pink and she could feel Kartik's eyes frequently stealing glances of her.

She couldn't believe that she was being a flirt..GOSH!..she actually stared into his eyes and asked him to go somewhere alone. She was shying at her quick reaction.

She remembered, in the initial days of their marriage she used to call him in his office and talk to him in such a sensuous voice that poor Kartik had to beg her to let him concentrate otherwise she will be the only sole bread - winner of the house, and she used to laugh her head off, preparing to call him in the next half and hour, but today she was feeling embarrassed.

Although in the past it was always deliberate and she loved having fun with Kartik, but today it came natural, but the distance had grown so much that she had started feeling uncomfortable., weird thoughts started crossing her mind. What if Kartik took it the wrong way, what if he thought that she was talking about being physical, OH NO!..she was not, she just wanted to talk to him, she was cursing herself for being so stupid..

But where was Kartik going..to their home..no the path didn't lead to their home..some hotel..OH MAN!..where am i stuck, but wait a minute Naira..WHAT IS THE PROBLEM!..HE IS UR HUSBAND DAMMIT!..he has full right to be physical with u, what the hell is ur goddamn problem!..i don't know, her heart was shouting loudly to her mind..OMG!..she was so happy a moment before that Kartik had given her the highest regard but now she was being so scared, she was being uncomfortable, OH GOD!..what if Kartik comes forward to kiss her and she pushes him away..OH NO!..nothing can be worse, she just wasn't ready, things had started to soften and she made huge blunder, her fingers very nervously entangled among themselves..

As the road had very less traffic, Kartik stole a glance at Naira and saw the nervous movements of her fingers, Kartik knew his wife, very very well, too well, that he could tell what her mind was speaking by just a movement of her hand, and he knew where her mind had gone,

Kartik in mind : .GOD!..Naira Goenka CAN NEVER THINK STRAIGHT...sui hamesha ik hi jaga ja kar atkti hai..*he started laughing to himself*.

He had thought that they would take her to beach again, at night time it must be quiet peaceful, Naira loved beaches and he thought there would be no more beautiful place to spend some private time with his wife, gazing at her in the moonlight would no less than a bliss of heaven.

He was driving and Naira's movements become vigorous, and then Kartik was struck by an idea, he took a sharp turn and the car turned at jet speed, making Naira fall on him completely..she straightened in a moment and put on the seat belt which she had forgot in excitement and she saw Kartik smirking..

THAT'S IT!..she thought..she was thinking right, Kartik had interpreted her wrong, and she needed to stop him, she just wasn't ready for anything specially physical..though they shared a moment last night but both of them were not in their senses and hardly remember anything but now deliberately with all senses.... No her mind controlled her heart she managed to utter some words.

Naira: Kartik:

Kartik: Yeah..

Naira: I want to go home...

Kartik started smiling..

Kartik in a teasing tone : Why..?

She closed her eyes, she was getting irritated..

Naira: Listen Kartik, just take me home...

Kartik wasn't shifting his concentration from the road

Kartik: Arey... first let me obey my Biwi's command, you know hum tum akele...

Naira: Kartik please... I just want to go home...

Kartik put breaks on the car, Naira was speaking in an agitated voice..

Kartik: What happened Naira..

His soft voice was again weakening her, but this time her fear was too deep..

Naira: I have so much pending work, have taken a leave also, you have no idea how much pile of work would have been....

WORK!..Kartik thought he would face a nervous breakdown, the whole day long he had been trying to make things normal, and when he thought he was near everything, Naira NEEDS TO WORK!...his anger was reaching his eyes, making them fiercy red, may be it was his mistake, they had gone so far apart that nothing can bring them close, no attempt, he was just making a fool out of himself, she felt like kicking himself, he was the one who left his ego and wanted his relation to work, but she is just not interested , after everything what she cares about is WORK!...WOW!..

He was looking at her with boiling red eyes, and she was getting scared,then he changed the car gear with stiff hands and drove on jet speed to their home..Naira knew he was angry, but she was just so ..she herself didn't knew what she felt..why she did that..may be they had gone very far apart..

------------------------------------------------

Shy and hesitation are two sides of a coin, shyness is the beauty of a relation, but hesitation is the hurdle in a relation.

Listening to these two words may strike that they are synonyms, but they have a very minute differentiating line,and today Naira crossed that line between shyness and hesitation, throwing their relation into a deep burrow..

-----------------------------------------------------------