Part One Hundred

Hey! 

There's 100 parts!

have some cake.

As in Calum and Luke, I have no cake for you of the edible variety.

“I loved her, more then I have ever loved anything or anyone in my entire life. She was like sunshine, my own personal sunshine, lighting up everything and making it brighter, better and now, the world seems dark.”

Clearing my throat which was clogged with emotion I looked around at the people gathered around, dressed in black, listening, silent tears rolling down their cheeks.

“Destiny was, more than just a girlfriend to me. She was my best friend, my partner in crime and the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. And from the moment I first saw her, wearing Michael’s too big idiot shirt, and keds and tube socks looking like the song Teenage Dirt bag brought to life, I knew. I knew that she was someone special and she was. I’m never going to forget her. The way she smelled, the way her voice cracked in the morning, the feeling of her hand in mine, the way her eyes would crinkle when she smiled, the sound of her laugh and the way her lips felt on mind and the warm feeling I got when she was next to me. How she rolled her eyes so often she looked possessed, everything. She is, was and always will be my entire world, and I just… Des, if you’re listening. I love you.”

Letting out a strangled sob, I saw bolt upright covered in sweat. My heart hammering wildly in chest I looked down at Destiny who was lying peacefully in the hospital bed in front of me, her cool hand held limply in mine.

“You okay?”

Forgetting the Michael was in the room, lying in his own bed a few feet away, I turned to look at him, and shook my head.

“You were talking in your sleep again.” He mumbled.

“Really?” I questioned, “Sorry, what did I say?”

“Nothing much,” Michael muttered, “You…. you were just crying.”

Reaching up to my face with the hand not holding Destiny’s, I wiped beneath my eyes and sure enough my fingertips came away moist.

“I tried to wake you,” he said softly, “But you didn’t hear me.”

“Oh, sorry,” I mumbled, looking back down at Destiny, listening to the even beeps of the heart monitor which was connected to her finger.”

“Ashton, what you’re doing, it’s not healthy.” He said slowly.

“I’m not doing anything.” I replied.

“Exactly,” he sighed, “When was the last time you went home, or showered, or ate, or brushed your teeth?”

Shrugging, I ran my thumb gently over the top of Destiny’s hand.

“I get released today,” Michael said slowly, “I think…. I think you should go home too, you can come back you just… you’ve been sitting here for a week.”

“I can’t leave her,” I mumbled.

“Have Luke and Charlie come sit with her or Cal…”

“No.” I snapped.

“Ashton, seriously.” Michael sighed, “You have to start talking to them again at some point, we’re in a band.”

“Are we?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Exactly what it sounds like…… It’s over Michael.”