Our Boys

"Mahal," Sarah said after Matteo picked up her call. "I'm on the way na para pickup-in si Sammy."

For the past month or so Sarah's been thinking of getting a new dog, so now that it's all finally becoming a reality, her happiness is through the roof. Aside from having a new fluffy pet to love, she also wanted a new dog so that Rio has someone to play with whenever she's not home. There are times when she feels bad for coming home late from work at mag-isa lang si Rio all day at her condo.

"Okay love... Sorry again I can't pick him up with you. Sayang." Matteo replied.

"Okay lang ano ka ba, alam ko naman may mga errands ka ngayon umaga. Kita ka nalang namin mamaya? Dadaan ka naman later diba?"

"Yes, I will see you and our new baby later. I can't wait to meet him!"

Sarah giggled at the change in pitch of his voice. She also can't wait to take him home. Matagal na nilang nakita yung aso up for sale sa social media. The seller is the same one where Matteo got his new dog named Gelato from as well. They didn't plan on getting a new dog so soon, but when they saw a picture of this particular Samoyed puppy from the seller, they knew he was the one. The expensive cost of the type of breed and hassle of exporting the dog from Russia to Manila didn't matter. Sarah fell in love with the puppy the moment she saw his picture.

"Ako din excited na mahal... Sana maging best friends sila ni Rio," Sarah laughed.

"I'm sure they will love," Matteo said. "Our boys will be the best of friends. They'll be the ones to protect you and me, but especially our little baby girl in the future."

Sarah blushed at his comment. It took her a few seconds to even reply before letting out a nervous laugh. "Sira... O sige na, malapit na kami sa place. Mamaya nalang ulit love ha?"

"Okay, I'll see you guys later. I love you. Send me pictures please," he sweetly requested.

Sarah smiled and told him she will. "I love you too. Bye na..."

"Bye baby, I love you!" Matteo said one last time before hanging up.

......

Matteo was in the middle of getting ready when he heard his phone get a notification; it was a text from Sarah. He smiled immediately upon opening the message.

"Hi Daddy! I love you already. -Sammy"

Sarah sent him a picture of herself holding up Sammy, their new dog. They both came up with the name together long before they even decided to finalize everything.

It's been over 2 hours since they last spoke and he noticed from the picture that Sarah was already home. Matteo responded to her text and hurried dressing up.

"Be there soon love! Want anything?"

Matteo sprayed some of his cologne before grabbing his wallet and keys. He was walking down the stairs when Sarah texted him back.

"Nope. Just you. Haahaha!"

A shy grin was plastered on his face. "Your order will be right up. ETA- 40 mins." Matteo quickly typed.

It didn't take long for Sarah to reply. "Waiting patiently. Magingat sa pagdrive please. We love you!"

Along with the message was a picture of Rio and Sammy both on her lap; the three of them looking up at the camera while on her couch.

And because of that, Matteo got into his car and quickly drove off. He can't wait to see them.

......

Sarah was surprised as to how fast Rio and Sammy bonded in just a few hours. The two were already rolling around on the floor and chasing each other in play fights. Sarah was enjoying such scenes in her room when she heard her phone ring- it was a call from Matteo.

"Love? Nandito ka na?" Sarah answered.

"Yup. I'm outside your door baby," he calmly said.

She couldn't help but feel giddy inside when she heard the word "baby." Para syang nanghihina. It sounds so good and sweet to her ears every time he calls her his baby.

"O sige papunta na ko. In 3... 2..." Sarah counted down as she went out of her room and got closer to the door. She left the two dogs behind who were too busy playing with a squeaky toy.

"... and 1!" Sarah opened the door for a man so handsome, her panty almost dropped.

"Hi," Matteo greeted her. He stepped inside and shut the door behind him. He then wrapped his hands around her lower torso before pulling her close to his body. Sarah rested her palms on his shoulders and smilingly waited for his next move.

"As much as I'm excited to finally meet Sammy... I'm much more excited to see you." Matteo said out loud flirtatiously.

"Ssh wag kang maingay, baka magselos agad pag marinig ka." Sarah jokingly whispered making both of them laugh.

They looked intently into each other's sparkling eyes knowing what's about to happen next. Sarah slowly closed her eyes when Matteo's face got closer and closer. With both of their heads tilted in opposite directions, Matteo kissed her lips in a slow manner, almost as if teasing her. He savored her familiar taste along with every movement of her tongue. It was a sweet and passionate kiss- but was shortly interrupted when they heard tiny paws hitting the floor coming their way.

Rio first greeted Matteo with a few friendly barks as his tail continued to wag happily. Sammy followed and copied his new found friend, even jumping up and down to get attention.

"He's super cute love," Matteo said as he kneeled down to simultaneously pet both dogs.

"Oo nga eh, he warmed up to us so fast. Especially kay Rio." Sarah said joining them on the floor.

"Hi there buddy," Matteo said while cupping Sammy's face. "Welcome to the family."

Sammy approvingly licked Matteo's cheek as a response. Sarah smiled broadly as she watched Matteo play with Sammy while hugging Rio closer and swinging him from side to side.

And at that moment, Sarah's heart beamed with overwhelming joy for she knew that this was the perfect preview of what's to come in the future- a real family of her own. But for now even though their "family" doesn't consist of actual tiny-cute humans just yet, what she has right in front of her is perfect. Maybe it wouldn't be for another couple more years, but right now this will certainly do.