One Trip at a Time

Matteo found Sarah wrapped around him by the time he woke up. Her head rested on his chest while one of her leg was tossed over his lower body. He looked over to his left to check the time on top of the small dresser next to their king sized bed- it was 8:30 a.m.

He decided to skip his usual morning workout since he already woke up late anyway. They arrived in Japan last night but today is when their trip officially starts in celebration of Sarah's 30th birthday. It's also their first ever out of the country trip alone.

Flashback...

"I can't wait for our trip to Japan baby..." Matteo said as he combed through Sarah's hair with his fingers. They were settled on the couch just resting, lying down doing nothing but feeling each other's warmth.

Sarah snuggled closer to him. "Me too. Thank you mahal for the birthday gift," she chuckled.

"No, thank YOU- for saying yes to this trip and for allowing us to get away from it all even just for awhile. We need this love. It'll be great." He replied.

There was silence for a moment before anyone spoke again. It's true, they both need this trip together; it'll be a time of rest, celebration and most importantly, time of being as far as possible from showbiz and work.

"Love?" Sarah blurted out. She looked up at him and can tell he was getting ready to fall into a nap.

"Hmm?" Matteo answered still not opening his eyes.

"Sa anniversary natin... san mo gustong pumunta?"

Immediately, his eyes opened. Matteo saw Sarah smiling from ear to ear.

"What? What do you mean?" He wondered. "Another trip abroad?"

"Oo... Ayaw mo?"

"What, no! Of course I do! Wait love are you serious?"

He couldn't believe it. This is all he's ever wanted- to travel the world with the person he loves most. He wants to show her the world and everything it has to offer.

"Oo nga. Ang kulit." Sarah laughed.

Matteo's smile couldn't be hidden any longer. He's beyond happy that their journey of traveling together is finally starting. He cupped her face with both hands and connected his lips with hers. They shared a kiss filled with love and gratitude.

"I know just the place to take you for our anniversary." Matteo assured her.

End of flashback...

Matteo stared at the woman sleeping soundly next to him. He can definitely get used to this- waking up to her face every single day of his life. Matteo kissed the side of her head before finally getting up without waking her. He walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower hoping Sarah would be awake by the time he's done taking a bath. But he was wrong- Matteo peeked his head out of the bathroom door and saw her still passed out comfortably in bed.

Matteo smiled to himself when he saw drool coming out from the side of her mouth. He continued to towel himself dry before wearing his robe with just his boxer briefs underneath. He then called room service and got Sarah some of her favorite food to eat for breakfast.

It took about 20 minutes for their food to arrive. Sarah finally woke up due to the sound of knocking on their door. She saw Matteo tipping the staff at the door before pulling all the dishes inside their room.

"Oh hey, look who's finally awake..." Matteo said while walking towards her. He transferred the plates onto a tray in order for her to eat in bed. "Just in time for breakfast. Good morning love."

"Morning," Sarah replied reaching for his hand. She motioned him to sit next to her.

"Thanks for breakfast," she continued. Sarah briefly placed her head inside the nook of his neck before digging in.

"You're welcome love... Here, let me." Matteo replied. He grabbed the utensils from her hands and started cutting the caramelized banana bread french toast that was in front of her.

"Want syrup?" He asked. Sarah nodded and patiently waited for him to feed her.

"Say aaah," Matteo told her as he inserted the fork in her mouth. "Masarap?"

Sarah couldn't answer back because she was too busy chewing. Instead, she nodded her head and put her thumb up in the air. After swallowing her food, she returned the favor and did the same thing to him as well; they took turns feeding each other until nothing was left.

"O, last one." Sarah said to Matteo. He opened his mouth wide for the last bite of the egg's benedict. He finished chewing while putting away the tray in front of them leaving Sarah full and satisfied on the bed.

"So what do you wanna do today mahal ko?" Sarah asked him. Matteo walked back to her and handed her a glass of water. Sarah drank it halfway and gave it back for him to finish.

"Whatever you want love... or we can just stay here -
all day and make use of this nice bed," he suggested in a teasing manner. His lips landed on her arm, all they way up to her shoulder and neck. Sarah giggled before lightly pushing him off.

"Hinde! Mamamasyal tayo." She replied. "At maliligo nako."

Sarah kissed him quick enough on the lips so that he won't have time to respond. She then got up from bed snickering, leaving Matteo high and dry. He released a deep sigh after seeing the bathroom door closed behind her. Matteo got out of his robe and changed into a nice shirt and some shorts while waiting for Sarah to get ready. It'll be a day for much walking, sight seeing, food and of course making beautiful memories together. She deserves all this and more not just for her birthday, but everyday.