MMITH - Chapter 1

Meet Me In The Hallway (MMITH) Lyrics

Meet me in the hallway

I just left your bedroom

Give me some morphine

Is there any more to do?

[Chorus]

Just let me know, I'll be at the door, at the door

Hoping you'll come around

Just let me know I'll be on the floor, on the floor

Maybe we'll work it out

I gotta get better, gotta get better

And maybe we'll work it out

[Verse 2]

I walked the streets all day

Running with the thieves

'Cause you left me in the hallway

(Give me some more)

Just take the pain away

"I miss you too. Please stop crying, I know I have been on the road for a long time. This is my job Marissa. You knew how it was going to be." I try to explain.  All I hear is crying on the phone. Fuck, what does she want from me?  Doesn't she realize how important my career is?  I would love to be there with her? I tell Marissa that I have to go to sound check and promised to call her later.

I head into sound check and the band is patiently waiting for me.   I look over at Niall and he knows I am frustrated and goes to say something but I interrupt him and tell him that I will talk to him later.  I am just so frustrated.  It is just so hard to have a relationship when you are on the road.

Standing there I can't seem to keep my mind off Marissa, God she is so beautiful. We have been together for a little over a year.  I really do love her, I just don't have a lot of time to spend with her.  My career is so demanding which makes it so hard to have a "real" relationship with anyone. I really do want this to work out though, it must work out.

I remember meeting her at an industry party.  She was my friend Alyssa's cousin.  As I was introduced to her, our eyes met and I immediately felt a shiver go up my spine. There was something about this woman that drew me to her. She was wearing a very revealing short black dress that hugged her body. Her hair was dark and her eyes were sparkling blue. We spoke for a few minutes and unfortunately, I was pulled away to be introduced to some others.

I kept looking back in her direction and noticed her glancing my way from time to time. Our eyes locked on one another and I felt like I was in a trance. I noticed her blush and look away. I needed to know more about her.

Once I saw her standing alone, I excused my myself and walked over to her direction. "Hello, Marissa it is, right?" I ask. She nods and says, "Hello." I ask her if she would like another drink since her glass was almost empty. She looks into my eyes and says, "That would be lovely Harry. Let's go over to the bar and get a refill, shall we?"

After we get our drinks from the bar, we decide to go out onto the balcony to get some fresh air and see the view of the Manhattan skyline. I don't know what was more breathtaking, the view or this beautiful woman before me.