Chapter 3

My eyes flickered: open and shut, open and shut, and repeat. Even such a mundane task like blinking seemed excruciating. Each moment of my existence felt like an acuminous blade piercing my gut over and over. All of this pain was because of her. Elaine. Whilst I broke down due to thought of her name, Meliodas burst through my door. His jubilant attitude filled the room; I could feel his powerful emotions. It was like a white fluffy cloud burst into my bedroom. It suffocated me. "Come on Ban! Get out of bed" he bellowed (well it was more of a high pitched squeal) with a colossal smile on his face.

"Okay" I whimper softly. My tone seemed to disrupt Captain's mood. His response was a nod as if he couldn't bear to look at me anymore. Why? Just look at me! Don't cower in shame of your pathetic teammate! Oh god I am pathetic! As I began to spiral, suddenly I was snapped out of the void by his soft comforting hand on my shoulder. "Ban do you want me to come with you today?"

"Come where?" I asked with a discombobulated tone. My eyebrow raised almost tangent to my hairline. "To put Elaine to rest" Meliodas slowly released these words from his mouth as if he wanted to ease me slowly into the idea. "No I have to do this on my own" I hesitantly refuse. Although I would love a day isolated with the Captain just to get to be with the real him. The one without Elizabeth. However, I just couldn't have him see me so fragile. It's my nightmare. Rushing him down stairs I slam the door behind him letting out a mammoth sized sigh as he left. I can't do this anymore I mean I can't hide my own powerlessness.

I dressed myself calming taking care with each task. I carefully pack a bag for the journey, each item I store in my sack further twists my stomach. The thought of seeing that tree again haunts me just like her name.

Elaine.

Shuffling down the stairs I hear the pitchy voice of Elizabeth. It's not like I hate her. It's just the way she manipulated and changed Meliodas and her deafening voice made me want to smash he skull against a table. "Ban how are you? Oh no you look terrible! Seriously, how much sleep did you get?" she shrieks. I ignore her pointless attempts at a fake friendly conversation. Ignoring her, I grasp a glass and pour myself a drink. Downing it I feel everyone's eyes glare into the back of my head. They know not to annoy me when I'm like this but they can't help themselves but judge me. Feeling uncomfortable I try to remove myself from this maladroit situation but all attempts are foiled when Captain comes down the stairs yelling my name. "Ban where the hell do you think you're going?" he asks puzzled by my bag. I guess he thought I would leave later. "I'm going to be gone for a while. Don't worry". And with that I left the tavern leaving my bewildered team behind. I know I should go back and say good bye but I'm so close to bursting into tears about where I'm going. Also imagine telling King that I'm going to say goodbye to his sister and I couldn't bring myself to let him join on the journey. And with his person to the party it would encourage others to do so then they would all come. The thought sends me spiralling me again, staring into a dark endless abyss.

But I couldn't let this happen so I just left abruptly. I felt like a thousand needles stabbed me in each of my nerve cells. And thus I begin my journey...in the worst way possible I leave my team behind.

Suddenly, Meliodas appears next to me "so where we headed? And before you object I want to let you know I don't care and I'm coming because you're not doing this alone". This brought an enormous grin to my face and suddenly we burst into laughter. Hum being here makes this journey less unbearable.

Author's Note:

Thanks for the wait for this part school is a nightmare and I'm so happy there was enough support to convince me to continue this story. It was a pleasure to start writing again and want to know if after this story if you would want me to release on a consistent schedule with updates to what I'm doing. Also if you only want Fanfics or would you want me to release an original story along with a new Fanfic. Please also let me know what anime you would like me to take on next. I mean personally I am leaning towards a My Hero Academia Fanfic and also what ships they would be about. I want to write something you guys would like to read. Overall, I would appreciate feedback on: original stories, animes for Fanfic and ships to focus them on. Let me know through the comments, any social media in my bio, Wattpad messages or on a post I will be posting here.

-Grace