Born into red| Ⅲ

Settled in the garden, red roses and lustrous beauty surrounded the small table meant for three

Settled in the garden, red roses and lustrous beauty surrounded the small table meant for three. Tea and edibles covered the whole of the table giving the smell of sweetness in the air. It's been quite some time now, I've just been able to talk now that my voice has developed. My Mother seems weak but healthy, she has lost feeling in her legs since that night with the man, but I can't help but wonder... what if she killed that night. The thought still haunts me, I feel like she didn't deserve whatever that man did to her. The paralyzing in her legs doesn't seem to bother her, at least that's what she wants everyone to think.

|Flashback|

Lying in my cradle, guards and maids surrounded the room, My mother seemed to be sitting on the bed, while my head knight Father stood beside her, hand on shoulder with a deadly look in his eye. A man seated on a wooden chair seemed to be inspecting my Mother. "Miss Harriet. Are you experiencing any pains, were you hurt in anyway?" She shakes her head speaking out. "Nothing but a headache. But I seemed to experience something unconscious. It felt like the dream... I know I must sound crazy..." she rambles before being cut off. "Right I see, Miss Harriet. Please use your Aeon on me."

My father snaps flicking his cape behind him, "My wife has given birth and was assaulted in the last twenty four hours, using her Aeon at this time is would b-" My mother stops him shaking her head, "please dear clam down, Calista is still sleeping..." the crowd of doctors and knights look to my cradle, I quickly close my eyes, defenceless. My father stops himself, lowering his voice and quietly sits next his wife. "It's alright dear..." she smiled holding onto his hand. She then turned towards the doctor, her hand slowly opening towards the doctor, she closed her eyes, concentrating. Her hand started to glow softly, a small fire was shown.

("Beautiful...") I thought, but the fire quickly flickered before disappearing completely. Jaqueline grunts, looking pale and almost collapses, my father catches her holding her close, "Jaqueline!" He sounded panicked. The doctor stood, "Don't worry she is merely unconscious," the doctor sighed looking to me, of all people. Walking towards me he continued to speak "it seems our intruder was using dark magic to extract your wife's Aeon, General." In rage, my father stomped his foot. "An assassination attempt?!" He asked and the doctor again, replied calmly

"Yes, and even so suddenly after the birth of your child..." I flinch, just what exactly is he trying to say? "When the morning came, if the assassin was indeed successful, the casualty would have been passed on as Mrs. Harriet's lack of Aeon used to give birth to Miss Calista here. As you probably already know, General, Aeon is also linked with our life essences. Meaning the birth of Miss Calista would've been a elaborate coverup for the assassin... leaving your daughter to take the blame."

My baby eyes widened upon hearing the claim, ("I would've took the blame?! But I didn't do anything!") I stopped myself from making any unnecessary baby noises when a thought had crossed my mind... ("Calista... Jaqueline... wait... Jaqueline -was mentioned dead! In the game, I remember now! Calista Harriet, born as the third child of the Sun Kingdom's General Knight. Upon Calista's birth her mother, Jaqueline, had passed away due to her baby's Greed for Aeon, and had taken the last of her life essence leading to her death, her father despised the child who took his wife and had ignored her, while her brothers, still in school, had done the same as their father upon hearing the tragic news... the maids and butlers had called her 'cursed' due to her downfall from such a young age, and because Calista was casted out of her family, she turned that loneliness into bitterness and centred her life into becoming the empress after hearing her fiancé was the Sun Prince. And hid her feelings behind her ladylike self, still wishing she could please her family if she became the Empress... it's sad story that drove her to become the villainess, but now... this, the death of Jacqueline was actually an assassination has changed everything... what else lies beneath the surface, do I really know Aeonian moon like I thought...?")
|end of flashback|

"Calista? Aren't you going to eat dear?" I quickly snapped out of my thinking, turning to face the direction of the voice. With her being Jaqueline, my mother. "Of course! I was just thinking mother." She smiles pouring a cup of tea, gracefully with elegance. "About what exactly? Have you know, As the Mistress of this family, I can answer any of your questions my dear." Then handed me the cup almost completely filled to the brim with tea.

"Then would you mind me asking..." I paused "where my brothers are...?" I said mumbling the last part of my sentence, looking towards my shoes. "What was that dear? I didn't quite catch that last part?" She smiled so brightly looking patiently. After doing a lot of thinking and developing my writing hand again, I wrote a Diary containing all my past memories, I don't want to suddenly forget my past self and turn into Calista, anything but that!

As recalling my experience with Aeonian moon, I've remembered another key part of the story; My brothers, two major love interests, twins to be exact. One seemly sweet with a rather secret possessive personality and the other with a more bitter yet obsessive personality. 'Their story was complicated if I remembered correctly.' I flinched "...ah 'correctly'? When did I become so posh?" I stuff a pastry in my mouth before giving my... confused mother a nod of approval. "Oh... ummm yummy! I applause the chef! It's wonderful" She smiled handing me a napkin. "Calista, please... eat with your mouth closed..." she shrugs and continues "Your question dear?" I gasp holding my chin up "OH, right...!"

Taking a deep sigh, I decide to not mention my brothers. But instead with a rather more out of the blue question, I was feeling bold today "No, actually. What exactly does father do?" The man who seemed like he could kill ten men with a single glare, was... my father. Actually explains how I got my own villainess death glare from.

I noticed mother seemed hesitant to answer, as she stopped her hand, before taking a spoon set beside her to stir her tea. "Calista." Her serious voice was sudden, scaring me slightly as she dropped her smile.

"Have some more tea." She looks away from me with saddening expression, clearly griping onto her dress by the legs. I humbly accept... I felt like... it wasn't right to speak at that very moment.

My mother noticed the long silence quickly breaking it with a smile. "Calista, you'll be leaving soon I believe! Hautity, School for young wasn't it? Hopefully the next time I see you I'll have a fine lady!" she grins passing some sweets which I happily reached for. "I..." I looked to her, "I hope so to Mother." and smiled.

"oh dear! before that, did I mention tomorrow my little girl will be attending her first Tea party!" I immediately stop eating my third cupcake, "My. um... First... tea party...?" I froze in place, looking like my soul had left my body.

I spoke barely moving my mouth "M...mother, The prince, will he perhaps attend as well..." Her face gleamed and she giggled beautifully before leaning towards me and whispered "That's the plan" my jaw dropped... still frozen. I manage to snap out of my state, quickly standing and pushed myself away from the table, getting out of my seat, I yell "I'm sorry mother! please excuse me!! I feel sick!!!" I bolt away from the garden, into our mansion towards my room.

I run and open my draw with my diary "TaTATA!" I made weird noises flipping through the pages until I came across the Princes page, Prince Lumino!! The kingdoms own sun prince... aka Calista's Fiance!" shutting the book, I hiss pulling my hair "THIS IS MY END!!!" I cursed and throw my diary across the room, the maids watch from a far from outside the room. "Our Young lady has gone mad..." I barely hear them whisper.