✕. CHARACTERS

in order of appearance

Prologue

HONORA: Powerful witchking who wants Hadrian to inherit her power. Hadrian's mother, one of Wilson's wives.

HADRIAN: One of the three main characters. Hadrian is a witch spy tasked to infiltrate human centers of power. His father, King Wilson, also used him for his intuition and skill at espionage.

ALEKHINE: Lin's ex-boyfriend made ex through unfortunate circumstances. He was a hunter who betrayed his peers by associating with Honora.

LIN: One of the three main characters. A brutal but aimless hunter who is almost universally feared.

01

*RAZO: Friend of Lin's family and former hunter. He tries to keep Lin from flying off the handle while he ferries her around the world in his warship/yacht Sirenita. When he's not doing that, he's a smuggler.

02

EALY: One of Shabina's wives. The smart one, head of intelligence operations. She is also deaf and Shabina's greatest confidant.

SHABINA: One of the three main characters. Rebel leader and Queen to some. She is a crusader for justice and peace, but is reluctant to put her people's lives at risk.

03

PIERCE: Hunter who wants to adopt all the children. The fact that he then trains them to be unstoppable murder machines is irrelevant.

*GREYMARK: Leader and creator of the hunters. He controls human world government behind the scenes and has been alive for 200+ years.

JULIAN: A hunter who recently got his sigils after he trained under Pierce. Cocky and overconfident with a particular dislike for Lin.

WILSON: One of the five Kings. Obsessed with knowledge and witches. He collected "tame" witches in order to study them, one of the wives being Honora.

YELENA: One of the five Kings. A calculating and ambitious woman with shadowy motivations. Highly intelligent and ruthless.

04

GERALD: A hunter with better hair than Lin according to Hadrian. But he's ginger.

06

TANE: Lin's mother. Blunt and witty, she cares about her daughter and husband more than anything.