1

Little hymns left plush lips as Rosa strolled around her bedroom in sheer excitement. Her short brown hair was clipped into curls onto her head, waiting to be unpinned so they could bounce against her shoulders. Her makeup had already been applied, a perk of being the beta's daughter, a soft smile present on her face as she skipped around the room amongst the bustling maids in no more than her lacy underwear.

"Oh, Aila, isn't this exciting?" She asked the girl in the seat in-front of her, hugging her from behind despite the fact she was currently having her makeup applied also. She was the alpha's daughter, and since she was of an higher rank, her makeup and hair had to be done last to ensure longevity. After all, many wanted to be mated to the offspring of an alpha to ensure strong pups meaning all eyes would be on Aila tonight. It was a thrilling thought to little Rosa, who longed for the exciting moment that her so dearly loved friend would find her mate.

"Yes, but sit down, you'll hurt yourself and you're not even there yet," she giggled right back with a simple shake of her head. The two girls were quite the opposite, although both beautiful. While Aila sported long blonde hair with stark green eyes, Rosa had short chocolate brown tresses and warm light brown eyes. With the two being born into high rank in a relatively well known pack, it was no wonder that the moon goddess had blessed them with such beauty.

"It's such a shame we can't be together tonight, but just know that whatever happens, I love you always." The blonde softly whispered to her younger friend, tucking a piece of hair behind Rosa's ear with a gentle kiss to her forehead. Aila was two years older than her, and seen as though Rosa's mother had died in childbirth while delivering her, she truly had been the older sister she needed.

All of the alpha's children's were to be placed on another side of the ballroom, due to the sheer fact that alphas usually were mates with alphas. It was unusual, but not uncommon for someone of a lower rank to be mated with an alpha - but seen as though it was such a rare occurrence, they did it for organisational purposes.

The brunette smiled shyly at her friend before leaving her be, continuing her little hymn and twirls around the room as she waited for her to be ready. Soon it was time for them to dress, with both of them being prepared by two maids each, both of which they had been accustomed to from a rather young age. With Aila being an alpha female, she quite enjoyed the attention, whilst little Rosa simply enjoyed the company of someone other than a higher ranking individual.

Aila left quicker. Dressed in a dark maroon coloured gown which accentuated her slim body, it was obvious that there would many prayers tonight to the moon goddess from many men wishing for the chance to be mated to such a beauty.

"You look beautiful miss." Rosa's maids gushed, their cheeks pink in a blushed tinge as they stared excitedly at their masterpiece of some sort. Rosa blushed shyly also, giggling slightly at their words, for it felt she was almost drunk on excitement due to the atmosphere that had been building up for days now. She was dressed in a blue gown, tightened at the waist with a flower belt of some sort, more flowers adorning the neckline of the dress and sleeves that bellowed out. She had never felt so beautiful, despite many claiming she was.

"Thank you so much." She kissed their cheeks happily, with a smile gracing her face once more before slipping on her heels and making her way down the stairs of the pack house to meet with her loud and boisterous father and other pack members - who although had lost his soulmate, never once let a frown grace his daughters face.

"My little Rosa." He smiled brightly once seeing her, clapping excitedly, reminding her of a young child receiving a present on Christmas Day. "My goodness, look at how beautiful you are. If only Jaclyn was here." He smiled almost sadly as he placed a soft kiss on her head, so proud and in awe of his cherished love before him. She truly was the light at the end of his tunnel, and he would refuse to give her to a mate that would not care for her the way she deserved to be.

"Come, let us go to the car, the others will be there soon." He motioned for her, making her nod, smiling and hugging many people before making her way to the car outside, getting in the back alongside a few others as they made their way to the ball.

Little Rosa, although over the moon with the thought of meeting her mate, was also curious. Would she be mated to an alpha, a beta, perhaps an ordinary omega? She didn't mind, nor she did care - for love was love and she was more than excited. Little did she know it would be the night of her life.

hellooooo!!!!! welcome to ethereal! this is my first book and is probably full of a million mistakes, so if you spot one, feel free to point it out because I appreciate that so much! I hope you guys enjoyed it, I really do!!!

Lots of love xx