two.

Beca's POV

"Beca Mitchell. 6 person suite? Should already have people in it?"
"Ah, yes. Room number 108. Keys already taken by your secondary contact, Miss Chloe Beale," the man at the desk replies. So Chloe's already here, good. Not that she's necessarily still awake - I had to stay back at the venue for a while longer than all the concert-goers. But I guess that's understandable: I was opening for someone's concert whilst they were on tour, it's not exactly a sing-and-leave kind of set-up. Besides, Veronica wanted to chat and you can't exactly say no to the person who made all this into a reality. Anyway, she was cool and pretty interesting to talk to, so I'm not exactly complaining.

If someone told me 10 years ago, I'd be here right now in my life, I would've called them crazy. I never wanted to be an artist. But apparently being an artist was calling me.

I head towards the elevator with my bag and wait for it to reach my level.

As I wait, I take my phone out of my pocket and look through Instagram, seeing what photos I've been tagged in recently. Surprisingly, there's actually quite a few. Especially from tonight.

That's so insane, it wasn't even my show.

The lift comes and I take it up to the third floor. Stepping out, I notice that I already have a DM from Veronica. Really?

veronicagray 12.04 am
I just wanted to say again that
you were amazing tonight. I
hope our paths will cross
again soon, Beca.

itsbecamitchell 12.18 am
Thank you, but it was actually you
who was the great one! Hopefully
we will see each other again soon,
it was nice to meet you.

After replying, I switch my phone off and walk along the corridor to 108. There's a lot of loud talking, so I presume the Bellas are still awake and knock on the door.

"Room service! Did anyone order a-"
"Beca!" Chloe shouts and opens the door, her cheeks glowing as if she's been running or something. I frown a little.
"I mean, that wasn't what I was going to say, but yes. Also, why is your face so flush-" I start but I'm interrupted again, this time by Fat Amy.
"She ran across the room to see you."
"Most exercise I've seen her do in a long time," Aubrey interjects, but Stacie elbows her in the ribs, rolling her eyes.
"You've only seen her for 14 hours," she reasons. "Be nice."
"Thank you, Stacie." Chloe smiles and shakes her head, bringing me into a hug. "You were perfect tonight, Bec. We're all so proud of you."
I blush and laugh a little.
"You don't need to say that, I wasn't as good as Veronica," I say, shutting the door. I turn back around and the five of them are all staring at me. "What?"
"You 'weren't as good as Veronica'? Come off it," Fat Amy says and Emily nods.
"Chloe's right, you killed it. I wish I had your voice."
"Same." Stacie sighs. "But I guess my voice has kinda been ruined by all the baby talk I've been doing with Bella."

I frown slightly again as I put my bag down in the lounge area of the suite.

"Where is she, by the way?" I ask, sinking into an armchair with Chloe.
"Yeah, I was gonna ask that," Fat Amy says, reaching for the bowl of crisps situated on the coffee table.
"She's with my mum. She looks after her every so often when I can't work from home anyway so it's no big deal," Stacie explains, glancing at Aubrey and smiling. "She's a good third mum to Bella."
"Who's the second?" Emily frowns.
"Aubrey." Stacie laughs. "You'd be surprised how much of a softie she is, considering she's always on about tough love, or just roasting Bechloe. Congrats on that, by the way, I meant to say earlier."

I nod in acknowledgement and smile.

If I'm being honest, I didn't mean to be so cheesy about Chloe earlier, when I was introducing All Night. It just kinda slipped out. But at least I didn't accidentally out myself, by calling her mine or anything. Not that I'm trying to hide the fact I'm gay, I just don't want to force her to be in the spotlight. People like to make things into a bigger deal than they should be, and I don't want what we have to be under scrutiny any more than it has to be.

I think Veronica could tell though - the way she talked so openly about some of her previous relationships whilst we were waiting in her trailer together clearly showed she felt she had nothing to hide from me. And I guess, from one apparent queer woman to another, there's really no point having secrets.

I realise I've zoned out when I notice everyone staring at me once again.

"What?"

"Amy wanted to know where everyone's sleeping," Emily says, standing up.
"Please say there's a double bed. Well, a double bed with my name on it." Amy picks up the bowl of crisps and gets off the sofa.
"Um, I'm probably gonna go with a no on that one, Ames, but you can go look in the other rooms to see what the options are if you want." I lean closer to Chloe. "As long as I'm by you, I don't really care where I sleep."
Chloe smiles.
"Honestly I'm never gonna get tired of Romantic Beca, I love it," she replies, nuzzling into me.

I'm close to saying I love her - because I know I do - but I hold back, knowing that it's only ever been said before in a 'platonic' situation and, well, when she's drunk. There's a time and a place for being heavy and I don't think this is it.

"2 doubles and 2 singles!" Amy calls and Emily glances at Aubrey and Stacie on one sofa before looking at us two on the other.
"So... Amy and I will take the singles?" she says, collecting her bags from the small entrance area. "Because I feel like sharing a bed is more your thing."
"We, uh, don't have to-"
"Yes, actually that sounds good," Stacie says, interrupting Aubrey. She turns to Aubrey and raises an eyebrow. "What happened to 'I want to cuddle you'?" she murmurs, but it's still loud enough for everyone to hear. Aubrey turns bright red.
"Oh my gosh!" Emily exclaims. Clearly she didn't consider the possibility of Staubrey before. "I didn't realise I had two sets of aca-parents." She laughs. Aubrey rolls her eyes.
"Why does everyone always make a big deal out of two people getting along?"

"Now you know how I felt." I laugh and take Chloe's hand as we stand up. We walk towards a room on the left of the slight corridor, which leads off the main room. "But then again, Aubrey, it's not exactly the worst thing," I admit, turning back to her momentarily. "I mean, you get the girl. And you're the only one waking up to her. Kinda seems worth it to me."

-
And there's chapter 2! Fyi, the whole Miami trip is kinda like an extended prologue, because the main stuff happens when they go home, but there's a few things said/done that will be important later, so pay attention 😉

I hope that you're enjoying this book so far and continue reading! Feel free to comment and vote if you want to too, it's always appreciated ☺️