three.

Chloe's POV

"What exactly are we doing today?" Emily asks, delicately nibbling a pastry as she looks at Beca over the breakfast table a few hours later. Somehow it's been established that Beca's in charge of the whole trip - which is fair enough, because we've come all this way for her - but she's never particularly been one to manage people. That's kinda Aubrey's thing. Beca is more of a 'I'll do things my way and if people want to follow me, I guess that's cool' kind of girl. Not to say she's selfish, just not really one to actively lead people. Apart from maybe the Bellas. But that's pretty much with the 'I'll do things my way' approach mentioned before.

She pretty much likes to think she can be entirely self-sufficient... which isn't quite true. If it was, why would she need me?

Beca glances down at her phone and a smile flickers across her face before she looks back up again.

"Well, I was thinking we could head towards Miami?" she suggests, making eye contact with me across the table. She knows I've wanted to visit there for the longest time - we've spoken about it on multiple occasions - so maybe this is our chance to experience it together, even if we're not completely alone.

"Ooh, then I don't mind paying for the taxis. I still have spare money," Fat Amy chips in.
"Hey, thanks, but it's okay. Veronica and I were talking and she said she could lend us a limo. Isn't that awesome?"

The Bellas nod and murmur enthusiastically as I tear my eyes away from Beca's and look down.

So Veronica has spoken to Beca. Wonderful. I know I shouldn't jump to ridiculous conclusions, but it's difficult not to. Even if I do trust Beca. I just don't want her to lose herself aspiring to things that really aren't her.

"So... meet in the lobby in about 10 minutes? I just need to grab something from our hotel room. Come with me, Chlo?" Beca stands up, looking at me expectantly.
"Oh, yeah, um, can do," I reply, caught off guard by her sudden request.

"They're clearly going to be more than 10 minutes," Fat Amy mutters as we walk away from the table and back out to the foyer. I glance at Beca, who casually links her arm in mine as we walk over to the lifts. She gives me a brief smile before looking down at her phone, which seems to have been glued to her hand this entire morning.

"Veronica?" I ask.
"Oh, yeah," Beca replies, locking her phone and looking up again. "Nothing too important."
"Why did you need me to come with you?" I get straight to the point - I have to admit, I'm not exactly dying to hear what Veronica's said. I just care about Beca.
Beca blushes slightly, before leaning forward to press the button.
"Hmm, wait until we get back to our room - to talk, I mean. I just need to explain. We don't exactly have time for much else."
"Unfortunately," I say and grin at her as we get in the lift. She rolls her eyes, but smiles wryly.
"There'll be a time," she murmurs.
"Oh really?" I raise an eyebrow.
"Of course. I'm not exactly planning on rushing off on the next plane to Singapore or something when we're done here. When we get back from Florida, we'll have loads of time to just be together."
"Won't you be in the studio 'loads' though?"
Beca shrugs.
"I mean, that's probably what the label would advise me to do. Work on the album, I guess." She produces a key card from her pocket and unlocks the door. "But that doesn't mean you're not my number one priority. But you probably knew that."

I follow her into the room, now taking my turn at looking expectant. Beca looks back at me and takes a deep breath.

"So, I was gonna wait until later to do this, but you were looking too beautiful this morning to make me think this wouldn't be a good idea now."
Intrigued, I nod slowly. Beca chuckles and flips her hair out of her face slowly - to be honest, it's probably the longest it's ever been and it looks gorgeous.