𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑

NOVEMBER
— a story of friendship.

🌳💡🚲🧇🔦📺💭📸☔️📞📽

IT WAS NO SURPRISE THAT CINDY ELAINE HARRINGTON WAS THE "IT" GIRL IN THE SMALL TOWN OF HAWKINS, INDIANA. In fact, it wasn't like she even had to try to be who she was. All it took for her popularity to blossom was simply to be born into the wealthiest family in town, even if it came with the disadvantages of having an asshole of a father, a mother who at least tried to be a sense of authority, yet still failed in times of need, and a lousy older brother who had seemed to learn his supreme asshole aura from their father.

The Harrington girl, both idolized and envied by even the oldest residents in the small town, was ironically the biggest mystery in all of Hawkins.

As a young girl, her closet was strictly pinks, purples, ranging from articulately designed blouses and pleated skirts, her hair short and bouncy, pulled into tight pigtails or weaved into neat braids by her mother. Her friends were cliquey, judgemental, snobby, even, and followed the youngest Harrington around like puppies starving for the smallest bit of attention from their owner. Cindy Harrington had the entire town of Hawkins wrapped around her finger, and she had been totally aware of it. She knew she could get away with just about anything and everything, and no one would call her out for it. Besides, even if someone did have the courage to pin the blame on the Harrington golden girl, they'd have her wealthy, arrogant father to deal with. Lord knows the Harrington's would rather die than have even the smallest stain on their reputation in the town's eyes, and they would do anything to cover up their mistakes.

Yet, over the summer of 1983, a turning point for many young residents in the small town as they were making the huge jump from elementary school and into middle school, Cindy Harrington had completely revamped herself both physically and mentally.