Chapter Six

I instantly froze. I didn't want Manda to see me fighting; I was worried she'd be afraid of me if she did. But she was smiling. Steve grabbed my still outstretched hand he pulled himself up, and followed my gaze. His jaw dropped slightly, but she came towards us.

"That was awesome, Bucky! Do it again!" She cheered, much to my surprise. Steve and I exchanged a glance, before nodding, the smallest of smiles finding it's way onto my face. We did it in slow motion, Steve explaining what I was doing, before I flipped him fully again. She clapped and cheered, and it was adorable.

"That's enough for now," Steve told her. "What are you doing up so early anyway?"

"I was trying to find Bucky!" She told him. "Mummy said it was breakfast time." She grabbed my metal arm, she loved it, and started trying to pull me back to the stairs.

"I guess we were down here a little longer than we thought, eh Buck?' He chuckled. "Ok, ok, give us a second." He conceded, and she ran up the stairs. We unwrapped our hands and made our way upstairs, and I wondered how I hadn't smelled the food before. Bacon, eggs and toast waited for us on the table, and Steve and I sat down to eat.

-----

Eventually we got into a bit of a routine; Steve and I trained almost every day, and everyone, including Marcus, got more comfortable. A couple months passed by before Steve told me about what was going to happen. He had been working on getting Tony Stark to allow me to come to the tower, and he didn't tell me until plans were made. I didn't like the idea, but I was going along with it anyway.

Of course this upset Manda, she didn't want me to leave, but Steve promised I'd still be able to visit. I didn't really have anything to pack, so when it came time to leave, I just had to say my goodbyes, giving Manda a hug. She was in tears, and I felt terrible. I personally promised I'd come back soon, and she agreed. Steve had a jet arriving, and it landed soon after.

I gave Manda one last smile before entering the jet with Steve, giving a small wave. The door shut mechanically, and I sat down, sighing, and rested my head on the wall behind me. The jet shook slightly, and we'd had taken off for New York.