Boy-toy

[Pre-serum Bucky]

Flashback

Words: 681

The blistering, New York summer forced everyone inside, under trees, or next to anything cold. No one dared to step foot out in front of the sun. You, and your friend Steve Rogers were sweating like sinners in a church, while your darling Bucky Barnes worked under a hood of a car that had the worst smoking problem. Bucky groaned, wiping sweat off of his forehead.

"Bucky do you need any help?" Steve asked, eagerly trying to lighten Bucky's mood. Bucky shook his head, while cursing under his breath at the engine.

"Alright..... suit yourself." Steve sighed. Steve walked back to the tree where you and him were sitting at. He flopped down next to you with a defeated sigh. You smirked at Steve and handed him a coca-cola from the blue ice chest next to you.

"What?" He asked you.

"There's no need to get all worked up over rejection." You said.

"Easy for you to say, you got him in the palm of your hand." He said playfully.

You chuckled, "Not true!"

"He's your boy-toy, and you know it!" Steve teased.

"Why are you guys so crabby when its too hot?" You teased back.

"You try and cheer Buck up." Steve challenged you.

"Very well, I accept!" You replied.

You grabbed a couple of ice cubes and wrapped them up in a handkerchief.

"This I gotta see!" Steve said as you walked towards the smoking car.

You took an ice cube from the handkerchief and flicked it at Bucky's exposed neck. He jumped when he felt it fall down his button up shirt.

"Hey!" He shouted in surprise. "(Y/n)!"

"Hard at work I see." You said innocently. You pressed the handkerchief to the back of Bucky's neck, and he gave you a lively smile.

"Yeah, thanks for that ice cube," he teased, as he began to shrug off his button up shirt. The ice cube fell out at the size of a marbel. He tossed you his white shirt, which you put it in the drivers seat. Bucky was now left in his undershirt, which was a lovely sight since it hugged his beautiful torso.

"Harmless fun! I don't see why you boys are making such a fuss about our situation!" You said with a largely staged sigh.

"I don't see where the optimism is coming from with you," Bucky grinned as he spun around to face you.

"Well, partially because I'm enjoying the view," you said, putting your hands on Bucky's toned chest. "Partially because the radio's been playing some good music. Mostly, it's 'cause I'm with my favorite fellas."

"What's playing?" Bucky asked.

You walked over to the radio and turned up the dial. The radio began to sing merrily.

"Dance with me?" Asked Bucky with an outstretched hand. You took it eagerly, and Bucky spun you around with a laugh. Steve choked on his drink, mystified at how you could possibly get Bucky back to his normal self in these boiling temperatures. Steve got up and leaned against the car, and watched you and Bucky dance.

"My turn?" Steve asked.

Bucky spun you one last time and turned you over to Steve. Bucky was now leaning on the car. He admired your (h/c) hair gleaming in the sun. Bucky was captivated by your sparkling eyes, and how your smile seemed to calm the sun.

"May I take her back?" Bucky asked Steve. Steve nodded and traded places with Bucky. His eyes sung songs of adoration for you. You took notice, and blushed deeply. That's when he dipped his head down, to place a long, innocent, kiss on your red lips.

Dancing with your best boys seemed to make the sun go down a little faster. When the moon was high above your head, Steve was already asleep in the back seat of the car. You and Bucky were still up, dancing slowly and exchanging kisses every once in awhile. Even though the car wasn't fixed until the next morning, you didn't seem to mind. Nor did Bucky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~