I Want To Remember You

Present day

Scenes from now on are based 70 years after the war. So the Winter Soldier is here. Bucky was frozen for 70 years and was brainwashed and trained to be an assassin. You on the other hand tried to save him when he fell and you went along with him. You were also frozen for 70 years and had a special serum to keep you alive and look the same age years ago. You somehow got away and have been trying to find your beloved, Bucky Barnes.

I'm also gonna start writing in first person, sorry.

Words: 1856

Your POV

He was a great kisser.

He had the most amazing smile in the world.

He always knew exactly what to say at the right times.

He had a gentle and warm heart.

He somehow always made me blush with the simplest compliments like, "doll" or "darling."

He was perfect.

Now he's gone. And I'm not sure if he'll ever be back. Mentally and physically. I miss him so much. I think about him everyday. All day everyday. I think about how things could've been. What I could have done to help. What I could have done to prevent all of this. I do this too. Blame myself for what happened to him. It's my fault.

ring ring

My phone snapped me out of my thoughts. Steve was calling me. Steve has been my best friend since the 40s. Me, him, and Bucky were all friends before all of this. He's been looking for Bucky just as long as me.

"Hey Steve." I answered enthusiastically.

"Hey, (y/n). How are you?" He asked soothingly. Steve was a great guy and a great friend. Yeah a lot of people hated him but really there was no need to. He's just a sweet guy trying to look out for his friends and country.

"Well, considering we've been trying to find my lover and your best friend for over 70 years with no success, I'm great." I sighed, making myself feel even worse.

I heard Steve sigh into the phone. "I know, (y/n), its hard. For all of us. But I think we got something."

"Alright, give it to me." I stood up from my bed and started pacing around the room.

"Well there's good news and bad news. What do you want to hear first?"

"The good news."

"The good news is we might have found Bucky and we can track where he's going."

"Wait. Are you being serious? I hope you're being serious or I might pass out." I stopped in the middle of the room.

"The bad news is... he's the winter soldier. He shot Nick Furry on one of his missions. Nick supposely knew this was coming so whatever he did, we can track him now. As bad as this all sounds, Buck isn't the one behind this. His memory has been wiped and he's been trained to be an assassin for years. He's one of the most dangerous assassins on Earth. And he's killed over millions for 50 years without being caught. Now that's saying something. Whoever is behind this and making Bucky do this, seriously knows what they're doing."

"You think? Oh my god this is awful. I... I can't believe this happened to him. He must be so scared and lost..."

"(Y/n)? Are you alright?" Steve broke me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, sorry I just got side tracted. Is Fury alright? Have you heard anything?"

"Well its not looking too good. But we need you to come in."