I'm Not Going Anywhere

Present day

Words: 1142

Bucky's POV

I know her. I know I do. She's in my mind somewhere but I just can't find her. I want to find her. I want to know more about us. How we got together. Why we got together. I want to remember all of the memories we shared together. I want to remember her. She's so beautiful. Her smile made me feel weird things in my stomach. Her eyes were absolutely gorgeous.

The way she talks to me, like she understands my pain. I mean of course she does. She lost me 70 years ago and has been without me ever since. I'm surprised she isn't completely lost. She still smiles after everything that's happened. She encourages me to keep going. To keep trying to find her in my mind.

Your POV

Today I wasn't going to visit Bucky. Its been a couple of months now and he remembers a lot now. He remembers Steve and their friendship. He knows his full name by heart now. But he doesn't remember me. Its okay though. I'm really proud of him. We're technically friends now. He trusts me and I trust him. We have created a good relationship. Although he hasn't figured it out yet, its good to be friends with him even if he can't remember you and his past.

Since Bucky has remembered so much, he isn't staying in that stupid cage thing. Which is good. He deserves something way better than that after what he's gone through. He deserves so much better. I wish him the happiest life he could ever have.

He's allowed to go to the avengers tower every once in awhile. He stays at S. H. E. L. D  headquarters. They keep him there just in case he lashes out or something. Its not the best thing in the world but at least its something. He has his own room and bed. He has a kitchen, a bathroom, everything an actual house needs.

Today I decided not to see him today was because they don't really need me to help anymore and I finally wanted to go to the gym. Although I love seeing Bucky, I haven't been in months.

I grabbed my bag with everything I need for the gym. I pulled some shoes on, grabbed my keys, and headed out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Punch. Punch. Punch. Kick. Jump and kick. Punch. Punch. Punch.

I assult the punching bag, punches and kicks all flying in quick succession. Small strands of hair fell in front of my face. The music through my earbuds were blaring p!atd. After awhile I stopped and took a long sip from my water bottle.

An hour passes and I decided to be done for the day. I used the showers there because I didn't want to leave to go to my house to shower then go see Bucky. It waists gas. After I dried off and got changed I heard the doors to the gym open. I quickly brushed my hair then walked back into the open to see who it was.

It was Bucky.

I was shocked. Why would he be here? When he goes to the gym he goes to the avengers tower not here.

"Hey Bucky. What are you doing here?" I walked towards him. I seemed to have scared him because he flinched when he heard my voice. "Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." I giggled.

"Um I came to work out. Crazy how we both ended up at the same gym." He nervously laughed.

"Right... But you work out at the avengers tower. What are you really doing here, Buck?"

"Alright. Steve told me you would be here so I asked him if he could drop me off and he did. I wanted to see you. You weren't at headquarters today." He said. His eyes looked sincere and warm.

"Aww, you wanted to see me? You're really sweet, Buck." I giggled. He rolled his eyes. It honestly made me really happy that he wanted to see me. It kinda made me blush. "Yeah I decided not to come today. I just really needed the workout. They also don't really need me to help with your situation anymore, since you have most of your memory back."

"Not all of it. I don't have your memory back. And yours is the most important to me." I blushed at his comment. He was really determined to know who I am. That's definitely my Bucky. "And alright, who cares if they don't need you anymore. I need you." Me and Bucky were just a few feet apart.

"Well, I need you too, Buck. I'll still come and see you everyday if that's what you really want."

"It is. I love seeing your face everyday. You're the one that helped me when none of them could. I really appreciate that. I don't know why but, you're the only one that can help me. I was broken, (y/n). But you fixed me." Bucky moved closer to me. He intertwined his fingers with mine. I missed his warm touch. His soft hands sent fireworks through my body when they touched mine. I missed this feeling. I missed him.

"I... I really missed you, Buck." I looked into his hazel eyes. Before they were cold and lost. Now they're warm and filled with love.

"I know, darling." I couldn't help myself but blush. He used the nickname after so many years. One of his hands was still intertwined with mine and the other was on my cheek. He caressed it slowly. I put my free hand on his hip. He pulled me in for his worlds most famous kisses. He held it there for awhile. He was being so gentle with me. We broke apart for some air. This time I pulled him in for a passionate yet gentle kiss. I wanted to be gentle with him. He's been hurt so many times.

He let go of my hand to put it on my waist. He had both hands on my waist. I kept my hands on the back of his neck. He tried to pull me closer and closer to him but we were already touching bodies. I don't think there's any other way to get as close to him than you already are, but you had some ideas. He finally pulled away but kept you close.

"I think I remember. I... I remember you, (y/n). I missed you so much, darling." His eyes welled with tears but he smiled through them.

"Oh baby. I'm so proud of you. I missed you like crazy." My eyes started to well with tears. One slid down my face. Bucky wiped my tear away.

"No need to cry, darling. I'm right here. And I'm not going anywhere. Ever again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~