(3) No Rest for the Wicked

Holy shit. #611 for Vampire!

Not close to the 2 digits but it's up there!
--------------
Chapter 3:

ℵʘ ཞℰՏϮ ʄʘཞ Ϯℌℰ ωⅈʗkℰժ

•------•

"No there ain't no rest for the wicked,

Until we close our eyes for good..."

-Cage the Elephants

•------•

Rory's POV

I shut the door swiftly after giving Reed a cheeky grin, my cheeks flushed as a slam was made.

Let's be honest here. I didn't mean for that to happen. I actually DO want to be bitten. And no, not because of a book.. Okay, maybe.

But I didn't realize how panicked I'd be. I mean... once your put on the spot like that, you'd be expected to freak out a little. But once you kick an extremely hot so-called vampire, you just gotta play it off.

Gotta act like you meant to do that.

I turned from side to side, almost wailing out from irritation. This was not the time to be indecisive!

Think Rory, think!

Left..right? Left, right. Right, left?

Okay... calm down and just choose a direction dimwit.

Okay, okay- left or right? right or left? OH, I know! Eenie meenie miney moe- argh, fuck it!

I ran to the left, sprinting faster then my little brother would when he smelled bacon.

Which isn't saying much, considering he's 6... and a vegetarian. What? P.E was never my strong point.

I looked around as I ran down the dimly lit hallway, turning randomly around corners.

"Rory! ROOORY!" Reed's voice boomed far behind me.

Letting out a squeak, I round another corner, spotting a door.

Crossing my fingers, I hoped it would be a way out. Turning the knob, I opened the door, shutting it quietly. Letting out a few pants I slid down the wall. The room was pitch black. reaching a hand up, I searched the walls for a light switch.

After molesting the wall for a few seconds, my fingers swept by a switch. Grinning, I flicked it on, turning around. I let out a strangled gasp.

My mouth was agape as I saw the sight in front of me.

Dead bodies.

One on top of another, all women. they were half-naked, small amounts of blood surrounding two puncture wounds on various parts of their body.

Some on their neck, wrist, inner thighs. But that wasn't the only thing that scared me. It was the figure standing in the middle of it all.

He stared at me blankly. Or more so, stared at my neck. His eyes crimson red, skin ivory pale. Blood stained his lips and chin. What stood out the most to me, were his teeth.

Two long, sharp incisors.

I think even an idiot could connect the dots. Reaching behind me, I grasped around randomly for the knob.

Before I could even turn it, the stranger was infront of me, panting heavily. He leaned down, sniffing.

His eyes widened. "Get out." he said roughly.

"W-wha.." I began to question, but thought other wise. I turned the knob and high tailed out of there.

I ran down the hallway, not sure if I was retracing me steps or making new ones. Turning around, I slammed into a chest, only to be slammed into the wall, back to chest.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk." Reed whispered,"To think I was being nice with you, yeah? Maybe your just a slut and like it rough, yeah? Hmm? Maybe I should just bite you, not for pleasure or for blood, but for death."

I let out a muffled groan as his hand covered my mouth, his hips thrusting inwards.

"I'll be honest. I didn't like or trust the whole 'buy a mortal, and make them your slave' thing. I regretted shouting a price as soon as it came out of my mouth, but something about you made me do it. Pity, maybe? You were much skinnier and weaker then the rest. I've always had a thing for objects that look dainty and breakable." He sneered next to my ear in a harsh whisper.

"Stop." I let out as he twisted one of my arms back.

"Stop? Oh, now you think you can tell me what to do? You're lucky I'm nicer then all those vile monsters that are considered people." he spat out the word with venom,"Listen, slave. I haven't fed in 2 days. Thats 2 days too many. And apparently it's 'illegal' to feed off of anyone who isn't your slave. Sadly enough, you're the only mortal I have or ever gotten. Do the math yourself."

"And you say that like you aren't a monster as well." I spat out at him."2 minutes ago, I would've gladly let you 'feed' off of me as you put it. Sure, it was because of stupid reasons, but god damn. You know how to make a person change their mind."

"It's not your choice to let me feed off of you or not. Again, slave."His grip on my arm tighten, as if to prove a point,"You are mine. I bought you, I own you. Your lips,and hands.. Your whole being, belongs to me now. Got that?" He let go, turning me around to look at me in the eyes. For once, he looked tired, worn out.

"You should get some rest, master. Looks like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I spat out, venom lacing every word.

His features hardened and tensed as he leaned down, lips touching my ear.

"There ain't no rest for the wicked." he whispered, his voice giving out how he really felt.

•-------•

100 reads? Thanks guys! ❤️

~Unedited (Kind of, partly edited.)