MCU FormerHydra!Reader

Request: If requests are still open could I request some former!Hydra Reader where Steve and Bucky don't really trust her and they are very adamant about not having her on the avengers on she gets herself capturing in order to save Bucky?

WC: 2.5k

I hear a knock on my door and stand up from my bed to answer it, expecting Nat, Clint, or Tony. I never expected Steve to be on the other side of the door. When I opened the door he tenses and looks down at me with a frown. "There's a meeting in the living room, make your way there please."

I hesitate before nodding and giving him a forced smile. "Yessir."

He turns around in the door and walks away and I follow him, trailing behind slowly. When we get to the living room we see everyone but a few members waiting for us. Tony had been the main conversationist and when he sees us arrive he grins and holds his arms out, "Perfect, where's Bucky?" Steve sighs and shakes his head, his lips pressing together tightly. I don't miss how he glances at me. Scoffing I shake my head and cross my arms. He doesn't miss that either and he eyes me angrily. 

"Can you blame him?" Steve asks defensively. 

"I've proven that my loyalties don't fall with Hydra, Rogers. I abandoned my family to prove this." I glare sharply at him but the anger is quick to dissipate. I'm only repeating what Natasha and Clint have told me to say, truthfully I'm just as angry at myself as they are. My shoulders deflate and I walk away from him and to where Nat and Clint were sitting; I sit by their feet.

I feel both of their hands tousle into my hair and onto my shoulders and lean against them for comfort. Sighing softly, I look up to smile at them. "What's going on?" I ask softly. 

"We're talking about the mission," Clint answers. "We think we've got everything ready."

Sighing, I nod and look back down. I see Tony and Steve bickering quietly, not quietly enough for me not to hear, however. I pick up on how Bucky refuses to come in if it means having to communicate on this mission and me being involved. 

Tony raises his brows at Steve and crosses his arms, "Bring him or he's not going to be a part of the mission. We're going to do it without him unless he can cooperate."

"Really?"

"The rest of the team has already agreed, so yes. You two are going to have to give Y/n leeway and stop making her feel like shit. I understand that you two are best friends but it's unfair."

Steve glances at the team, then at us. I bring my eyes to the floor and wrap my hands tightly around my thighs as my heart thrums loudly in my ears. I hear him sigh sharply and say, "Fine. I'll go get him and explain."

"Thank you," Tony breathes.

I hear footsteps start to fade and look up to see the back of Steve's back as he walked away, he walked rigidly and was clearly upset. I grimace and shake my head, "I hate this."

"If it weren't for Bucky, he'd be on your side through and through," Tony says, still looking at where Steve had disappeared to. 

"I don't blame them," I mumble. "God, why couldn't I have been born to a sane family?" I throw my head back against the couch and groan loudly, bringing my arms up to cover my face. 

I hear Clin groan in response and feel him shift on the couch, Nat does too and her hands wrap around my arms and pry them from my face. "Don't do this to yourself, Y/n." I can only muster a grumble in response, pulling my arms back over my face.

"Let's get this over with," I hear someone growl. Finally, I pull my arms from my face and pick my head up to meet eyes with Bucky. I look away quickly and clear my throat, straightening up and looking up at Tony and Steve.