31st October 1914

Oh,how I miss the Edwardian Era,where everything was peaceful.We are the so called British Expeditionary Force,but I haven't been so scared in my life.Me and my mates were sent to the Western Front,right now,I'm in my hiding spot,writing what might probably be my last words.Dear diary,feat is a small word for what I'm feeling in this moment.All I hear are bombs and explosions and screams.I take a look at what's happening outside my hiding spot and all I see is dead people.I keep in mind that I need to be strong,brave,not a coward."Be a man!" Is what my father would say.I need to wipe my tears,get back out there and fight!Fight for the people,fight for my mom!We're at war and that's what us,that's what me,a soldier does!J will do my best,everything it takes,fight,attach,think like my father would if he were here.He would be so disappointed to see my tears.I'm preparing to go...but just before I go fight...Dear diary,I'm writing this with a bullet in my stomach.I know I must not surrender.Even if I die today,tomorrow,in a few years,I will die for my country.That's what I'm fighting for,right?My country?And if I die in this war,I'm sorry Mother,I'm sorry for not being strong enough to protect my brother and lastly,I'm sorry for not being strong enough to defeat my enemies.But at least I was front enough to get out there and fight.I love you,mom.
Dear diary,farewell.