Greg's God-daughter pt.2

"Sherlock, Sherlock," Greg shook the consulting detective awake, he jumped up, "How long ago did I text you?" Greg was taken back at the speed of how he woke up and what he asked him that it took him a moment to process the question. "Quickly how long?" "Uh, I don't...I don't know maybe 10 minuets? Where is she?" Sherlock moved to get up and Greg put his hand out to stop him, "You've got the flu, your not going anywhere." Sherlock lay back down and Greg rearranged to blanket over him. Greg walked into her room and she was no-where to be seen, he checked her regular hiding spots-under the bed, one of the draws, under the rocking chair-so he walked into Sherlock and John's room. He found her with her head on John's chest as it slowly rose and fell as he slept. "Hey princess," he whispered. She looked up and smiled, "Come her baby-cakes," he picked her up."Daddy's are ill," she said "I know baby, that's why i'm here, your Daddy told me you were upset. Why were you crying baby?" He carried her into her room, careful not to wake to ill ones. She blushed and shifted a bit in his arms but stayed quiet. "Come on, you can tell me princess," she mumbled something as a response, "I can't hear you baby, speak up." "I'm kind of...maybe...a little bit wet," "And..." she was quiet again but still blushing. "Come on baby, you may find that embarrassing to say put loud but that's not why you are as uncomfortable as you are right now." She was still quiet, "Your going to be messy soon aren't you?" She put her head in his neck and nodded not wanting to meet his eyes. Greg sighed, happy it was something that was an easy fix, "Don't you remember what your Da said? That's fine, your only human and we deal with homicides all day, trust me we've all seen worse." He smiled down at her as she giggled at what he said. "I'll tell you what, I'll put you on your bed for 10 minuets and you do what ever you want to. You can play or sleep, and if you need me just shout and I'll come back in, okay?" She nodded as he placed her on the bed and left.

Greg walked back into the lounge to she Sherlock trying to get up, "What did I just tell you?" he said as he pushed the other man back down on the sofa. Sherlock sat up again, "She'll need changing soon," Greg walked round the kitchen taking random things out of cupboards: bottles, dummies, formula, sippy cups and baby snacks. "And I'll take care of it," he said without turning round, "You take care of getting health." He paused and looked at the other man,  "I think... I should take her to my flat and look after her while you two are ill." "Are you sure?" "Yeah, I mean I have more experience than Mycroft did and she still had a fun with him. And I know how to take care of her." They looked at each other, "Come back if there's a problem," "Course Sherlock." Then a whine came from the bedroom.

"Baba" she whined kneeling on the bed as Greg walked in, as he walked over he gave a slight smile and stoked her hair. "You need changing princess?" She nodded even though she knew he knew before he asked her. "Lay down sweetheart," he instructed her. He unbuttoned her onsie and gave her the bear he got her, "What do you say to staying some time at Baba's flat while your Daddy's are ill?" She shrugged and fiddled with the bear, "It'll only be for a couple days, a week at most and we can come back if you miss them too much." He said taping up the new nappy and retrieving the hand sanitiser from the box with the changing supplies, he quickly cleaned his hands and clipped her onsie back up. He placed her on his hip but she didn't turn into him, "Come on baby, can you put up with me for a week." "The question is can you put up with me," she mumbled, Greg sighed and placed her on the rocking chair, he kneeled on the floor in front of her.

"Listen to me baby, if I didn't want to take care of you I wouldn't ask you Daddy if I could take you home. If I didn't like you I wouldn't have got you that bracelet," Greg tapped her wrist, "And if I didn't love you I wouldn't miss you when I'm not with you." Tears fell from her eyes but made no noise, she wrapped herself around him. "Love you Baba" She whispered in his ear, he kissed her cheek as he picked her up and rocked her, "Love you too princess."