Greg's God-daughter pt.6

It had been a long night, by the time the credits rolled on screen she was tired and started to doze on Greg's shoulder. He picked her up and carried he and changed her for bed, he tucked her in and kissed her goodnight, as he pulled away though she grabbed his pyjama shirt. "Don't go," she said as she sat up, "I've never slept soundly without Sherlock." Greg was surprised that she used his actual name but it showed how scared she was, "Move over then babycakes." She smiled and scooted along the bed, he crawled under the blanket and sat next to her, "Greg," "Yes, "This house is too big for one man, there's too many decorations that  I know you wouldn't of picked out yourself." Greg looked sad for a moment but smiled anyway, "As observant as ever." He sighed, "I didn't buy this house alone. I loved a woman, we got married, talked about having kids. But in the end she didn't love me, she left me for a P.E. teacher and I haven't seen her again. Since then I can't bring myself to sell this place, it's memories are sad but they have good parts too. Somethings are worth hurting for sweetheart." She looked at Greg, this broken man, her Baba who always looked happy. She crawled on his lap and straddled him, she leaned up and kissed him on his head and wrapped her arms around his neck. He held her for a long time. When she finally pulled away he looked at her, "What was that for baby?" "That's how you make me feel better, it works. I thought it would make you feel better," "I'm not sad about it anymore sweetheart." He looked confused, "Yes you are. Not all the time but you are when your alone." Greg smiled, "Then maybe you should spend more time with me baby," She hugged him again, "I don't want to sleep alone Baba". He got out of the bed and picked her up, "Then don't baby." He carried her to his room and placed her in his bed, turned out the light and crawled in himself. "Tell me a story Baba," Greg smiled in the darkness, "Once upon a time..."

(Sorry for the short chapter)