Love Lies

12

"Rough day Ms. Yonah?" Alfred gestured his hand to her. Yonah was exhaustedly tired to the point the only thing she could do was nod and yawn, "She's back." she glared, her eyes twitching, "I can't do this Alfred." she sat down on the couch, "Those dreams keep recurring and..." she saw Lucas who was walking out from the kitchen, "Hey, how was work today?" Lucas smiled handing her a blanket,"Honestly I'd rather drink bleach.." she groaned as Alfred placed an ice pack on her forehead, "can I just say that I'd rather be in Bludhaven ?" flinching as Alfred tightened up the bandages around her ankle and her arm,"Would you?" Alfred groaned, "So you'll end up in another strip-" he just about finished the sentence before Yonah glared at him half-heartedly, "Is dad home?" she asked, "He's in his off..." before he could finish Yonah had already been gone in the wind."Tell me Mr. Pivington is Mr. Allen like that?" he chuckled, as the young man shrugged and went back to his ice cream."You know Bruce, I'm still a force not to be reckoned with so if my daughter is hurt in any way," Yazela grunted, sitting down in one of the chairs,"Well, hello to you too " Bruce rolled his eyes, giving her one of his charming playboy smiles, it usually worked, but as he saw not this time,"I don't know why I trust you sometimes Bruce.""Because somewhere there's still that pesky 17-year-old girl who fell for my charm." He laughed, "What did they call you detective Pris-""Say it, and I'll murder you right now," she growled,still trying not to look into his eyes, "Just like somewhere there's still the scared boy trying to save everyone, listen to me Bruce Yonahs my world." her eyes subtle and soft."Our world.." he mumbled, Yazela knew nothing about her daughters let alone her son. At least with Yonah, she knew her for four years,"Look I didn't come here to fight, I just got back from a war." her gaze at his lips and his eyes, Yazela never knew that he could get any more handsome than what she had remembered, and it wasn't helping that she was staring either,"Yazela ... Yazela... you're royal highness.." he laughed as she finally popped back in consciousness, "speaking of Royal duties are you going tell Yonah ?" "Bruce I am a loyal woman and a respectable queen one does not smirk at me." She blushed looking away from him "especially you." her breath hitching."Selina felt the same way." Bruce smiled, he knew Yonah had heard the whole thing, "You can come in Yonah." he groaned looking up at the bandaged woman, this was the type of worry Yazela had."I'm fine just another day at the precinct Gordon worked me like hell-o!" she looked at her mother who's tiara was shinning"Tell me is Harvey still there?" Yazela shivered at the thought of him."He is?" "Could have been a captain by now, but I had you by the time that happened.", being pulled into a hug by her, Yonah turned to face Bruce a look of annoyance on her face, she didn't want to hurt her mother, but that fire from within was rising to break out ,"Yonah you're burning up" Yazela held onto her, Yazela knew that fire from anywhere it was the gift of her brothers, "I'm here for you sweetheart. " she cooed, as only a mother would,"No, you're not you left me! you left us !" Yonah pushed her away with all the strength that she had which in her case was a lot. "That's not true.." She whispered Yazela looked at Bruce as if he had told their daughter to say that, "I left because I had to, our home planet was in danger," her eyes filled with sorrow,"Your home planet.." Yonah scoffed, walking towards Bruce "my home is here with my brothers speaking of which when were you going to tell me I had a half-brother, and don't tell me there's more of us either!" her eyes glowing a violet-pink, "You missed my prom, my big move to college, my first heartbreak my first power! " she slammed her fist on the table, as she shattered it wailing out from pent up anger, "That's Enough Yonah!" Bruce stated, He understood why Yonah would be upset, but she was being unreasonable to become so vulnerable towards her insanity specifically her rage, ever since Belle Reve, and even before she had always carried the temper of a rattlesnake it was her downfall just like her pride for her family."No, it's not enough!"."You're gonna overheat!" Yazela tried running to her rescue as Bruce held her back. "Let me go !" she sneered trying to leave his tight grasp,"You'll get yourself killed Yazela." his expression a concerned one, she began finding the problem, "She doesn't know who she truly is .""As if you did .." rolling his eyes as she held her amulet in hand. Yazela knew moonlight was always the key. Pafranians however, "I know more than you think I do ." She huffed," I know you still love me, I know you're stubborn, I know that you're trying to your best to raise so many kids, and it worries you, you'll never be good enough," She began focusing on a vulnerable spot, sending her static shock.," She'll be fine."