Snowdin

Toriel brought you back into her home, to give you one last thing before you left, to be honest you would miss her, she was your whole world....she was your.........mother to you.

Toriel looked at you, like a mother who looks at their child. who was all grown up and ready to move on to the next stage of life. she looked proud.

she went into a closet and pulled out a old jacket and a pair of old jeans. It looked smaller then her.
and it was just your size.
she handed them to you "I know it may not be much, but I wore these when I was your age, I just kept them for good memories. And since you don't have a coat, you can have this."
she smiled at you, her eyes tearing up. You knew that she would miss you too.

She then raised her finger up "Oh, and I almost forgot" She walked into her own room, and you could hear ruffling and things being moved.
She finnally came out with a strange brown bag. she handed it to you along with a backpack, and inside the backpack was the monster book you had.

She pointed to the strange bag "open it, im sure you'll be happy about whats inside"  she smiled and watched you open it. she saw your face of surprise.

1,000G

She had gave you 1,oooG. WHAT?. Not that this was a bad thing, you just had no idea where Toriel had gotten all that money.

But before you could ask her, Toriel seemed to know what you wanted to say, she laughed and said.

"Oh y/n, as former queen I get paid, I mean, did you think the king would leave me for dead???. Of course not, I get paid 4,000G a month"

you mentally slapped yourself in the face, Why didn't you think of that??
she smiled at you and hugged you.

she squeezed you just a little bit, showing that she didn't want to let you go.

You teared up and shakily said "Thank you mom"  Toriel looked down at you

"Y-you want to call me m-mom?"
She smiled and said those words inbetween sobs. you nodded, you loved her as if she was your mother.

She giggled with glee and hugged you a little tighter, finnally, she had let you go.

you had put your coat and new pants on. well, new to you. You put the brown bag of gold into your backpack along with your book. She walked up to you before you left.

"Remember, you can always come back, whenever you need me"

you smiled at her and hugged her one last time "I love you mom" you said
Toriel seemed to tear up happily whenever you called her mom.

You left and you could hear Toriel sob a little through the doors, you felt like she really loved you.

Time skip

you had never been more glad to have a coat, the fur on your paws just weren't keeping your paws warm. you wondered if you kept your human form, you'd probably freeze.  Maybe being a monster yourself was a good thing. You kept your hoodie up and tried to look around, you were cold, hungry, and tired but you still had the urge to explore first.

You looked over at Grillby's. It looked like a restaurant or some sort of bar, but you could smell food and you walked in.

You walked up to the counter and took a seat, A fire monster was cleaning cups, he seemed not to be harmed by the water at all. You played with your paw-like fingers, too afraid to order yourself. Luckily, he noticed you and he fixed his glasses, positioning his elbow on the counter. "And what would you like?" his strange light yellow eyes were half open and his flame grew large before coming back down.  he was close.

too close for your comfort. You backed away and asked shyily "Um, i'd like a burger please and some fries"
He nodded and said "no problem, one order of a burger and fries coming right up" you blushed in embarassment. You needed to learn how to speack with other monsters without seeming scared.
You had almost forgotten you were one of them, you had to find a way to fit in. you looked around, everyone looked bitter and mean and a lot of people were just easily agitated.
you needed to fit into that persona.

The flame monster came back with a burger and fries. You began to eat.

"Hey, no thank you? I just gave you that for free" he chuckled and you blushed, looking away from him.
he seemed a little hurt that you ignored him, but he left you alone to eat.

You were eating, it was good, really good.  From your peripheral you could see someone sitting next to you, you looked at the monster sitting beside you and you tried your best not to freack out.

It was a skeleton wearing a black jacket, his jacket was left open and you could see he was wearing a red turtleneck underneath. He was short, but taller then you. Maybe by a few inches. He had sharp teeth, one of them replaced with a gold tooth.
he spoke to the flame monster "Hey grillbs, get me the usual"
"Grillbs", who was the flame monster sighed and said "you better pay your tab soon" his flame grew huge as he said that. The skeleton shrugged "hey, grillbs come on, you know imma pay you soon"  Grillbs was upset and he gave him a bottle of mustard.

annnnd. the skeleton just drank it. you stared at him in disbelief, how could he just drink mustard straight out the bottle??

he looked at you with his red glowing pupils. "hey! anyone ever tell you staring is rude??!" he shouted, clearly annoyed.

you hid under your coat hoodie, scared of his sudden outburst. He looked like he felt bad but he just went right back to drinking his mustard. Wierdo you thought
a small part of you thought he looked attractive, but you pushed that thought in to the back of your head. You finished eating and left.

You walked around and found a cozy looking inn. you walked inside being greeted by a bunny- like monster "hello, looking for a room to stay?" she said, her voice seemed drained of energy and you felt bad for her. You nodded and she said "that'll be 200G"

Damn. you thought, you wondered why it was so expensive. You sighed and gave her your money.

she threw you  the keys and you went to the room you rented for the night.
it wasn't much but the bed was soft and cozy, making you immiedtly fall asleep.