Intro

She was done with him. She had enough of his abuse, physically and mentally. She went into their bedroom and packed her things. It was now or never. If she didn't leave now, she never would. She sighed as she thought of her child. He was 3 years old and had endured so much abuse and pain because she couldn't leave her husband. She had failed as a mother, but now was her chance to redeem herself.

In the next room, Thomas was playing with his toy trains as his father read the paper. Thomas loved trains almost as much as he loved his Mommy. She was also so kind and took care of him. She was his favorite person in the world. Daddy was alright. He gets angry a lot and uses his fists instead of his words. Thomas learned that was wrong from Mommy, yet Daddy would do it practically everyday.

"Thomas." His daddy called. Thomas looked up and stared at his Daddy.

"Yes sir?" Thomas answered.

"Can you give this to your Mommy?" Daddy asked handing Thomas an oddly shaped silver item. "When you see her, press this button okay?"

"Okay!" Thomas exclaimed before he happily trotted to his mom's room. He held the object out and pressed the button. A loud "bang!" went off causing Thomas to drop the item, almost as quickly as his mom's body dropped. "Mommy?" Her honey brown eyes didn't hold the light they usually held. They seemed, dull. She had some sticky red liquid pouring from her abdomen. Thomas knew what to do when he saw the sticky red liquid. You get a band aid, and then kiss the ouchie to make it better.

"I'll be back Mommy!" Thomas declared before racing to find a band aid. He was stopped in the hall by his Daddy.

He crotched down to Thomas's level and said "A band aid isn't going to help Mommy buddy."

"Yes it will!" Thomas exclaimed, stomping his foot.

"No it won't buddy. She's going to die," Daddy stated. "Welcome to the business kiddo."

And that's when any hope of Thomas having a normal life was lost.

Or so, we thought.