Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Thomas awoke from his slumber in a pool of his own sweat. He rubbed his eyes and let out a deep breath. Every night, he had the same nightmare, watching his mother die. You'd think the memory would dim as time went on. 20 years later, and he still remembers everything vividly. He misses everything about his mother. Her warm embrace, her loving smile, her soft voice, her cooking. Everything was better with his mom.

Thomas laid in bed for a couple of hours staring at the ceiling before getting up to start the day. He enjoyed how silent his apartment was. He's loved living on his own, instead of in the mansion with his father. His father's dream is to have all of his business men living in 1 mansion together. Thomas had no idea why, but that's what his father wanted. Thomas made his way to the kitchen and made himself a cup of coffee in his "Best Assassin" mug. He was indeed the best assassin in the business.

After witnessing the death of his mother, he was able to turn off his emotions. He could kill without feeling any empathy. After all, he did kill the one human capable of teaching him empathy. The one thing he didn't like was seeing his victims injured. Torturing his victims was where he drew the line. If you have to kill someone, you shoot them in the head, or in the heart so they don't suffer for too long. A quick and humane death. Well, as humane as murder could get.

Thomas warmed up some leftover Taco Bell for breakfast and ate quickly. He had work at 10 AM and it was about 9:30. Once he was finished eating, he made his way to the Murder House. Every other person called the Murder House, the company. But in Thomas's eyes it was a Murder House. That's were murders would occur and the building was set up similarly to a house. There was a big open space down stairs that resembled a living room, with couches and a tv. Instead of a kitchen, there was a room with a pool table and a mini fridge. The carpet was black and the walls were a blood red. There were animal skeleton heads placed throughout the walls. Now to get to the murder house, you had to drive through the woods. You'd reach a gated "community". The only 2 houses in the community was the murder house and Thomas's Father's house. To enter the gated community, you had to say the secret phrase and punch a 17 letter code. Everything in the murder house was done by seperate people, so no one could snitch to the police. There was one person who got the hits. They do their research on the person that was wanted dead, and then give that information to the kidnapper. The kidnapper would kidnap the person, and bring them to the Murder House. Then the assassin, like Thomas, would kill the person with the hit out. Once the murder occurred, someone else would get rid of the bodies. None of those people ever interacted with each other.

Once inside of the murder house, Thomas went up stairs. There was nothing but empty rooms. In each room was someone you'd have to murder. With his glock 19, he went into the first room he saw.

The first room had a girl with curly brown hair and caramel colored skin with her arms tied behind her back. She had freckles on her arms and her face, as well as a mole under her eye. Her honey brown eyes were filled with tears. The girl looked young. She had to be in her late teens or early 20's.

"What are you doing with that?!" She asked.

Thomas stood there in shock. The only words he could mutter was "Mom?"

"How would I be your mother? I'm 23," She exclaimed. Her breath was heavy. She had no idea where she was and now she was standing face to face with some kid holding a gun. The kid looked like he had seen a ghost, his face was pale and his brown eyes were wide. His hands were trembling, and before she knew it, he was hugging her and... crying? Maybe she could use his emotions to her advantage to go home!

"You look just like her," Thomas muttered.

"Can you help me go home?" She asked.

Wiping his tears, he realized the situation he was in. "I'm supposed to kill you," He answered as he pulled away from her. That sentence made her blood run cold. He was supposed to kill her? For what? She wasn't a bad person. She did volunteer work in her free time! She was in college aspiring to be a nurse. She doesn't deserve to die. She had so many hopes and dreams. Her life couldn't end now! As she realized this, her eyes filled up with tears. This kid was going to kill her.

Thomas took a deep breath and took a step back. He cocked his loaded gun and aimed.

That's when she started screaming, and pleading for her life. Thomas had heard it all before, but this time, it was hard for him to do it. He had a chance to save his mother. But how would he go about saving her? He can't just run away. Can he?

He didn't have time to think about it. So he closes his eyes and pulls the trigger.