Chapter VIII: The Void

Author's Note: This chapter will revisit what I like to call the void, described in the earlier chapter. Once again, when in the void, italics represent echoes and quotation marks "" the words when they are spoken. Future chapter's may also revisit the void, so keep this rule in mind for later. At all other times however, italics will represent a character's thoughts. This shouldn't cause too much confusion as the scenario will always be described.

Reader's POV:

"What was that?!" Salem asks furiously, her hand going to your throat, finger wrapping around your trachea. "Explain yourself, now!"

"I don't know." You choke. "Everything was dark and then all of a sudden Summer was there. I chased her, but she got away and then there was a blinding light and..."

Salem releases you and you gasp for air. "It seems the light isn't quite as weak as I thought, simply suppressed."

"What's that mean?" You ask, rubbing your throat.

"It means we have more work to do." She scowls. "This Summer person somehow still manages to elicit a response from you. She still manages to free the light inside you."

"What now?" You ask, somewhat afraid of what Salem might do.

"Nothing." She responds, obviously deep in thought. "We're done for now. Leave."

Bowing, you quickly back out of the room.

3 Years Ago:

Third Person POV:

A Seer Grimm floats through the castle, making its way to Cinder Fall's room. Pushing the door open, it hovers just at the threshold while the occupant sits with her head bent over a series of papers.

"Cinder." Salem's voice calls from the Grimm.

The woman known as Cinder jumps in her seat, before turning to face the Grimm. "Madame Salem." She says respectfully. "How can I serve you?"

"I need to speak with you. Now."

The Seer turns and floats out of the room. The raven-haired beauty rises from her chair and follows it, being led to Salem's throne room. The Grimm stops outside the door. Cinder walks past it and pushes open the large doors, walking up to the white skinned woman sitting at the head of the large table.

"I have a slight problem." Salem announces as Cinder approaches.

"How may I be of assistance?" Cinder asks, standing a few feet from Salem.

"(F/N) (L/N)." Salem says thoughtfully. "He's an extremely powerful individual. I see great potential in him, but I must first destroy the light that resides within him."

"What do you need from me?" Cinder asks, not sure why Salem needs her help doing something so trivial.

"It appears that the light has a stronger hold on him than I initially thought." Salem answers. "A woman has planted her roots in his heart. It's been years since he's last seen her, but no matter what I do she continues to hold a place in his heart, like a virus, lying dormant in his cells."

"Why not just kill the woman?" Cinder suggests.

"That wouldn't work. It wouldn't remove his feelings for her. For all we know, it could make things worse." Salem takes a slight pause. "What he needs is a distraction. Someone to make him forget about this woman."

"So, you want me to capture his attentions?" Cinder asks, beginning to understand why she was called here.

"Yes. I need you to make him forget about this other woman. Remove his feelings for her and make him yours instead. Can you do that?"