18

GUYS! There is a very important note at the end of this (supah supah long) chapter. Please read it! It's very very very good information and although long and sappy y'all will love it, I promise! It's really long though so this chapter isn't really like thirteen pages it's actually sevenish sorry babes! <3 hazelle

The songs for this chapter are:

Talking to the Moon- Bruno Mars

A Drop in the Ocean- Ron Pope

Cough Syrup- Young the Giant

"You're a wave in the ocean;

it always changes,

always fades.

You're the one that won't wash away."

Sidney's POV

I nearly crash my car three times before pulling into the parking lot of a cheap ass hotel. I grab my duffel bag out of the front seat and throw open the door, the cool April air hitting me immediately. I lean against the side of my car and wipe my eyes before heading for the front office.

"How many nights?" The young woman behind the hotel says to me.

"Let's start off with just one, hopefully." I sigh, tossing my card down onto the wooden desk. The lady gives me an apologetic smile.

"Wife problems?" Her words make my heart sting and I just nod.

"If only." I say, so quietly that she doesn't even hear me. She slides my card and a key over to me.

"Second floor." She smiles. I thank her and collect my items, heading towards the elevator. As soon as the heavy grey doors slide shut, I lay against the black wall of the elevator. My heart plummets into my stomach as the elevator rises. The doors open shortly to reveal a blonde woman with a swollen belly, holding the hands of a tiny version of herself and a tall man who I assume to be her fiancée from the huge rock on her finger.

"Excuse me." I say quietly, moving out of the young couple's way. I make eye contact with the blonde as I pass, and I feel a lump forming in my throat. Her eyes are an icy blue, like Gena's. Chills run up my sweating spine and I rush out of the elevator. I try to shake the image from my mind, but her eyes remain, boring into my mind like the glaciers that they are.

I drop my bag to the floor, plugging my phone into the outlet next to the bed and laying my head on the cool pillow. As much as I try, I can't push Gena out of my head. I change into the plaid pajama pants that she loves so much and dial her number. It rings, too many times and I end the call before I hear her voicemail. She doesn't call back before I fall asleep.

...

My eyelids fly open at one a.m. My phone is buzzing madly on the nightstand next to me from someone calling me, but the screen is face down. As soon as I register that it's actually a phone call, I grab my phone and answer it as fast as I can.

"Gena, I..."

"Sidney!" It's not my girl, it's Ronnie. "Hey man, I'm at this party... you should show." He slurs.

"Fuck off." I sigh and end the call. I decide to call Gena again, although I know she's asleep. It goes straight to voicemail.

"You've reached Gena." Her heavenly voice fills my ears and I feel my eyes prickling again. "I'm sorry I couldn't answer your call, I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for calling!"

"Gena," I half- sob into the line. "I know you're probably asleep, but I just wanted..." I stop to swallow a massive cry. "I just wanted to say goodnight." My voice is horrendously crackly and I wonder why I even called. "I've called you every night for fourteen years, I don't see why one stupid argument should break our thing." My throat feels as if it's caving in on itself. "I love you." I whisper and kill the line.