19

Thank you guys again for being so amazing! <3 Unfortunately there is not going to be a trailer for First due to an unexpected mishap :/ so if anyone could make me one that’d be great, let me know on twitter or email me at malkinpizza@gmail.com Also more bad news :/ but this isn’t awful lol I forgot to mention in the last update that it was Sidney’s 27th birthday asdfghjkdgs (7 August) but no there isn’t going to be a birthday chapter for a bit because if you remember, the current setting of the book is actually late April ahah

This is a really important chapter you guys! It was so hard for me to write but as an author I must sacrifice my sanity for yours lol but also donut worry I did my research about everything haha but bear with me about the hospital scene because I have never actually been in/to the ER before and it’s been so long since I’ve had testing of any sort done so yeah just lettin’ ya know x

VERY IMPORTANT THINGY BEFORE WE START: I know this chapter is shorter than usual, but sometime this weekend I plan on rewriting it in Gena’s POV because the majority of this chapter is told by the lovely Sid.

The songs for this (half of the) chapter are:

Amnesia- 5 Seconds of Summer

Carla’s Etude- Elton John (instrumental version)

*passes around tissues for the end*

Gena’s POV

My head is pounding when I wake up, and I shut my eyes again right away in attempt to will away the pain. I wipe the sweat from my forehead as Sidney appears in the bathroom doorway.

“How do you feel?” he asks, concern and restlessness laced in his voice.

“Like absolute shit.” I admit, retying my hair as Sidney sits at the foot of the bed.

“You’re going to the emergency room.” He states.

“I’m fine, it’s probably just a fever.”

“No.” He tells me, resting his large hand on my shin. “I’m sorry, but while you were sleeping I called your boss and told him you wouldn’t be coming in today because you were so sick.” His tone is fearful as he waited for my reaction.

But I’m not mad, I’m quite literally relieved.

“Thank you.” I say calmly and his shoulders relax. “What time is it?”

“About two in the afternoon, actually. Let me take you to the ER.”

It’s no use arguing with him, he cares about me and won’t give up, so I let up and he helps me sit up. Sidney leaves to the kitchen so I can get dressed while he gets ready to leave. I make no effort to look nice, I feel like dog shit and end up wearing Sidney’s hoodie again and a pair of black leggings. I leave my hair up and don’t put on a speck of makeup. I grab my phone and a pair of blue toms and make my way downstairs. Sidney looks forty times better than me and I wince. He dons a light blue t-shirt and dark jeans, and I decide it’s one of my favorite looks on him other than the button ups. He wraps his arm around my waist and tugs me close to him. He rests his chin on my head and I smile weakly.

“Ready to go?” he asks and I nod. Sidney shuts the front door behind him and slips his hand into mine, opening my car door for me as I approach.

I lay my head on my own shoulder as Sidney slides in next to me. He glances over at me and frowns, putting the key in the ignition.

(god bless evgeni malkin)

Sidney's POV