Chapter 2: Chaos at Joseon Dynasty

Lisa and Mark were walking along the busy streets of the village looking for a particular person which happened to be their friend. Lately, they noticed that their friend seemed to be distant and secretive. Every time they would sneak inside the Park household's backyard, Jinyoung wasn't there.

Mark knew that today would be the day Jinyoung would be visiting the palace and he was sure that they would see their friend around the village, so he dragged Lisa to come and look for him. Just when they turned to see the gathered audience, his eyes had caught a beautiful girl sitting in one of the benches.

"Look! There's Jinyoung!" Lisa pointed towards the boy who was sitting beside the girl that had caught his attention. "Uh-oh. Just look at Jinyoung panicking. What's going on with him and the Magistrate?"

Lisa and Mark quickly marched their way towards their friend. As they were nearing them, they might have realized that it involved the girl that Jinyooung was with.

"Il-woo hyung! I—" I uh— she's—" Jinyoung fidgeted with his fingers.

"She's my cousin!" Lisa decided to intervene, putting her arm around her.

"Actually, a distant cousin from the neighbouring village." Mark added, helping Lisa out.

"So that's why I am not familiar with her face." Il-woo exclaimed, chuckling with himself.

"Of course! Our village is having a festival so you'd be encountering many new faces, hyung." Jinyoung finally was able to speak properly.

"Anyway, we have to go. Puppet shows aren't really my thing so— if you'll be so kind to excuse us, magistrate Il-Woo." Lisa started to drag Suji and both Jinyoung and Mark were fast to follow.

As soon as the four of them became out of the magistrate's sight, Lisa and Mark quickly gave Jinyoung their questioning looks. Suji on the other hand looked lost while Jinyoung was looking very guilty.

"What was that about, Park Jinyoung?" Lisa started. "And who is she?" Lisa pointed towards Suji.

"You better tell us the truth Jinyoung. We just covered for you back there." Mark added, but his eyes were looking at Suji from time to time.

Jinyoung stared at his friends and then looked back at Suji who just gave him her nervous look. Jinyoung smiled at Suji for the assurance of her safety, knowing that his friends were trustworthy.

"Lisa, Mark— meet Kim Suji. She's a friend and she lives at the mountain." Jinyoung finally introduced.

"Wait. Did you just say the mountain?" Lisa's eyes widen in realization.

"Then, she's the wit—" Mark was stunned that he couldn't even finish his sentence.

"It's okay. She's harmless." Jinyoung assured. "Trust me on this one."

"But how—?" Mark was very surprised about the fact that Jinyoung was friends with the witch and not to mention, a very beautiful witch at that.

"It's a long story." Jinyoung stated. "I promise I'll tell you about it but not now. I have to go bring Suji back now since I still have to visit the palace." Jinyoung stared at Suji sadly.

Suji's face fell upon hearing the saddened information from Jinyoung. JInyoung and his two other friends had noticed her expression and suddenly felt bad for her.

"We'll be with her instead." Mark stated, earning him stares from his friends. "I mean, we go accompany Suji around the village until you finish your visit." Mark added and gave them his innocent smile.

Jinyoung contemplated and stared back at Suji who just looked at him pleadingly. Jinyoung sighed and Mark knew that he won this round. Lisa was still wary about the whole plan but somehow, she felt comfortable with her.