If Walls Could Talk

(Y/N)'s stomach twisted in knots as the cab drove along through London. Sherlock sat in the seat next to her, staring out the window, most likely in his mind palace. She licked her lips again and swallowed the lump in her throat.

"You're nervous," Sherlock noted.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and laughed bitterly. "Of course I'm nervous. I'm about to tell my cheating husband I want a divorce."

"You're being exceptionally brave about all this."

"Only because I'm over it." she smiled sadly. "I may seem brave, but I'm scared to death on the inside."

Sherlock was quiet before moving and resting his hand on her bouncing knee. "I can't believe I'm doing this," she whispered out, swallowing thickly again. "Sherlock, I can't-"

She was cut off by Sherlock leaning over and softly planting a kiss on her lips. "You can do this," he whispered.

(Y/N) weakly nodded in reply. She turned her attention outside, watching the buildings pass by in a blur. She couldn't keep her mind off the task ahead; how would Jim react? Would it be the same "I can't bear to live without you!" spiel again? She's heard it so many times and every time she crawled right back into his trap.

Slowly the cab came to a stop in front of the building she used to call home. Releasing the breath she was holding, (Y/N) turned to look at Sherlock, who was ready to exit the cab. She placed a hand on his bicep. "Sherlock, do you mind staying in the cab?"

He looked at her confused but nodded at her request. Exiting the cab, she strolled up to the door and knocked. In a few moments, the door slowly opened to reveal Jim, his hair disheveled and huge bags under his eyes. They widened when they focused on (Y/N)'s figure.

"(Y/N)?" his voice broke. "Is that you? Where have you been?"

"I went and stayed at Hudson's," she replied. "May I come in? I need to talk to you."

"Of course!" he hurriedly opened the door wider and she stepped inside. It was dark and immediately she went to open the drapes. She followed him into the lounge, sitting on the loveseat adjacent to the couch.

After collecting her thoughts, she softly spoke. "Jim, I have spent a good deal of time thinking over this, and I think it's best if we get a divorce."

She heard him swallow thickly. "(Y/N), darling-"

"No, don't start," her voice broke and she cursed at herself. She had to be strong. "That only makes this harder."

"Darling, I love you," she could practically hear the tears in his voice. "We can work through this. I know I was terrible to you, but I know we can get through this."

Tears began slipping down her cheeks, and Jim moved closer and pulled her into his embrace. "Why were you considering a divorce? You know we always work out our domestics."

"I honestly, don't remember anymore," she replied, laying her head on his chest. "And I'm still considering it, Jim. What you did hurt me terribly."

"I know, darling, and I regret it so much," he sighed, brushing a tear off his cheek. "Hopefully we can work this out."

(Y/N) nodded slowly, but stayed silent. He seemed to genuinely be upset, which made her wonder if he actually had regretted it all. Moriarty spoke after a moment of silence. "Why don't you spend the rest of the day here, and I can try to persuade you to stay?"

(Y/N) bit her lip. She wasn't expecting that. He wanted her to stay after all that; they had so much history and the way he was talking made her realize how much work a divorce would be.

What about Sherlock?

The little voice in the back of her head brought her back to her senses. Sherlock was outside still waiting in the cab, expecting her to be a free woman when she returned to him. Biting her lip again, she sorted through all her thoughts before looking at her husband. "I'll stay the rest of the day, Jim, but let me go dismiss my cab."

"Of course, darling," he replied.

Exiting the house, she went down to the curb where the cab was still waiting. Opening the door, she squatted down so she could see Sherlock's face. Taking in a breath, she looked him in the eyes and said, "Change of plans, Sherlock."

"What happened?" he asked.

"Nothing, he asked me to stay the rest of the day so he could win me back. I'm going to pay the driver to take you home, and I'm going to stay here."

"(Y/N), you're not seriously considering-"

"I'll be back soon enough, for now, I'll spy on him for you." she proposed.

Sherlock sat quietly for a minute before nodding. "Alright, but please do come back to 221B Baker street soon."

She giggled. "You misspoke, Sher."

Sherlock smiled. "Come back to me soon."

"I will." she blew him a kiss. "I promise."

Handing the driver some cash, she waved as the cab pulled away from the curb. Turning towards the house, she started up the pathway back to an unexpected afternoon.

He smiled up at her when she returned to the lounge. "Wine?" he asked, offering her a glass. She returned the smile and accepted the glass, sitting down on the couch with him.

She had a feeling Moriarty had something planned, and it wasn't a good feeling.

Don't let that glass go to waste, oh, you're a queen but no crown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N: Hey guys! It's been a while since I've updated 'Youngblood' mainly because of school and I've been working on my historical story 'Bromley Hollow' (which you should check out, btw).

This one and the next few chapters are going to be a little bit on the shorter side since there isn't much going on in them. They basically build up to the climax of the story and show the downfall of our characters. I will warn you now, this story does not have a happy ending.

The lyric line is kinda a metaphor, the reader has the wine glass in her hand and while Moriarty may think she's his queen, she has no crown to make her one.

Did that make any sense cause thinking it through it made sense to me lol.

Until next time,

~Em