My Way

Kevin tightened his hands on the steering wheel as he listened to Kamille talk.
"And that's exactly why I told you not to date any of my friends." She wagged her finger as she rambled, she hadn't shut up since they left the precinct. "These bitches ain't real, If they aren't loyal to me they damn sure won't be to you."

Kevin shook his head, "Why are you being like this Kam? Avery's your Bestfriend. And stop talking like that, have some class. " he turned his attention from the road briefly to look at her, Kamille was all booted up in the front seat, her shirt wrinkled, he hadn't seen his sister this un put together since they were kids.

"You always have to have your way don't you?" He asked sighing, "And I always give it to you don't I?" Kevin was asking himself more than her, Kamille was quiet. Apart of her feeling bad that she wasn't allowing Kevin to do what she had done to him, but it was because of what she had done that made her feel that way. Troy broke things off with her because of Kevin, he 'couldn't do that to his boy, as he said, not anymore. ' Kamille rolled her eyes, the past poking at her heart, what about her? What about their baby? Granted Troy didn't know about the baby but Kamille didn't want the baby to be the reason he stayed and she damn sure didn't want to be a baby mama. So she did what she thought was best, she acted like Troy and the baby never happened.
And she realized it shouldn't have happened. There are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed and Kamille vowed to herself that none surrounding her life would. Best friends shouldn't date siblings because they felt obligated to choose, and someone would always end up hurt. Period.

"Kevin you don't get why I feel the way I do but I'm trying to protect you."

Kevin laughed heartily, "Protect me from what? Avery? " Kevin turned to her once again, " Kam I appreciate you looking out I do baby sis but I'm a grown-ass man, I got this." Kevin leaned back with one hand on the wheel and the other gripping his chin.

He felt that should be that, but apparently, Kamille thought otherwise.

"I'm not allowing you to date, my friends," Kamille said sternly folding her arms.

Kevin made a face, thinking his sister had to be out of her mind. " I don't need your permission Kamille." He looked at her dead in her eyes, "I never did, I understand she's your friend and I'm your brother but you don't own us." He made sure she heard every word," I'm going to be with Avery no matter how you feel. I'm sorry that you feel some type of way but I can't base my life off of you anymore. You're not a kid Kam you're a grown-ass woman. I shouldn't have to remind you of that. Stay in your Lane." Kevin had enough of this self-righteous dictating attitude Kamille had formed.
"Troy was right about you--"
Kamille's head snapped so fast to Kevin mentioning Troy it almost looked like the exorcist. "Troy doesn't know shit." She spat

Kevin shook his head, "I don't know what you've got against him but let it go."

Kamille wanted to tell him, she wanted to so bad.

"Troy has never done anything to you Kamille." Kevin said sternly, "Stop overreacting all the time."

"Troy did everything to me!" Kamille screamed catching Kevin off guard, "It's his fault, all of it, why I'm like this why I feel like this." Her voice broke, "My ba--." Kamille stopped her self breaking down, she was talking through tears and Kevin only caught so much of it, but he heard enough.

"What are you talking about Kamille? What's his fault? What did Troy do? Did he hurt you?" Kevin sat up on the wheel, looking from Kami to the road.
It had begun to rain as if the skies were matching her pain. Kami knew the decisions she made in the past would haunt her.

"Just drop it," Kamille said through gritted teeth, she was tired.

Kevin had worry lines on his forehead. What didn't he know about his sister? And what did Troy have to do with it?
He opened his mouth to say something but Kamille gave him an exasperated look. It had been a long day so Kevin decided to let things go, for now.

It looks like a conversation with his Bestfriend was long overdue. Kevin was going to get to the bottom of this.

Wine was a drink of the ages, used for celebrating, conversing, and to simply take the edge off. That's why Evette had so much of it. For times like this. Avery didn't want to be alone tonight, so she asked Eve if she could stay over. The two ladies were now sitting in silence on the sofa; Avery staring into her glass like the liquid had all of the answers, and Eve occupying herself by rubbing Gramps who lay cuddled between them.

"I knew it was a bad idea." Avery finally spoke, still not looking up. Gramps lifted his head and gave the human a look as if to say even he knew better. Evette tapped his head silently reprimanding him for being rude.

"Sweety you can't control the actions of other people," Eve advised.

Avery took a drink in agreement to that, she couldn't get Kevin's face out of her head, him just walking away from her like that. She risked a friendship for him, a sisterhood. Maybe Kami was right, certain lines shouldn't be crossed...

Evette looked at Avery, "Oh no no no, don't you let that psychopath get into your head. " Eve took Avery's wine glass away, "Long time friend or not, she got personal issues to work out that doesn't involve you. It's not fair for her to project them on to you."

Avery listened but she didn't know what was fair or right anymore. She should've known getting involved with Kevin Riley was a mistake.

"I should've known better." Avery sighed, hurt lacing her voice. Evette looked at her friend and say back on the couch, Avery leaned over and laid her head on Eve's shoulder. Eve didn't really like people touching her, but she sucked it up. This wasn't about her, this was about Avery. The woman who proved her self to be a friend when Eve really needed someone. Eve sat in silence with Avery, realizing that she actually had a true friend. It had been so long since she trusted another woman like this. The least she could do for Avery was comfort her.

"Eve.." Avery spoke softly, "Was I really not good enough?" She looked up at Eve with puppy dog eyes, "I tried to be. I've been trying to be good enough my whole life."

That hit home for Eve, she felt the exact same way.

"Avery, if Kevin couldn't see how amazing you are, he's the one who isn't deserving of you."

She didn't say anything, the two sat in silence for a while, Mary J blige 'Not gonna cry' was playing as background noise.

"Big-headed asshole," Avery muttered. Eve laughed and let it die out.

"Speaking of big heads... You gonna have to lean up Lil mama." Eve pushed Avery's head gently.

Avery smiled evilly" I knew you hated it." She stuck her tongue out playfully laughing.

Eve made a face, "You ole Gina head from Martin Lookin ass.." She trailed off as they both joined in laughter.

Troy knew he didn't leave his door open, so he was skeptical as he walked into his condo with the door being Ajar.

"Hello?" He called out to no one in particular.

"Somebody in here? "
Honestly Troy knew this is how people died in the movies calling out to the killer. What were they going to say, "Yeah in the back."?
Troy shook his head at that thought.

After looking around for a while he figured everything was cool, maybe Maria had forgotten to lock the door. He made sure to do so himself and checked the windows for security. When he figured everything was secure Troy sat his briefcase down and loosened his tie, today had been a long day.

Troy didn't notice the camera hidden in his flower vase or the microphone bugged under his coffee table. He had a company that he was unaware of.

A longer day awaited Mr.Alexander, and this one would be harder to overcome.

-------
A/N: In my Kevin Hart voice "It's about to go down."

Comment, vote(:

-Amber