Only Time Will Tell

Time is a funny thing. It is the only constant in ones life. It passes no matter what event occurs, whether joyful or catastrophic. It always shows up. Everybody has time, some not enough. What would you do if you knew your time was up? Let's Be Honest. No man knows the day nor the hour of his end. We can only take each day at a time. That's all the power we are given over it.

-LBH

Hospitals were never her favorite. No one was ever there for a pleasant experience, hell even childbirth came with pain.
But somehow Evette found herself at Avery's bedside, along with Kevin and Kamille every night.
She sat looking at Avery's bruised face, bandaged head, and all the tubes and wires connected. Once found she was immediately put into a medically induced coma because of the trauma that took place to her head, the doctors needed her to rest to stop the swelling of her brain. Well, days were passing and Avery still hadn't woken up.

The Biggest question of all was what happened and why Avery?

"Fracture to the skull from being hit with a hard object..bruisesd ribs.. marks on the neck. .air supply  was cut off for a long amount of time..right now we just need to let her rest..give it some ..time..."

The doctor's words faded out as Eve focused back on Avery's chest rising and falling, the only sign that there was life left in her once energetic body.

Evette was honestly tired of hearing that word. Time. Everything took time. Time to find Avery, Time for Avery to heal, Time for the police to figure out who was responsible, time for Kevin and Troy to convince the police of who was responsible and build a case. Why did everything have to be so difficult?

Getting out of the chair, Eve walked over to Kevin who sat with his head down resting in his arm that held the bed rail. She touched his back gently causing him to look up, "Praying?" she asked with a raised eyebrow. "You think he'd really hear me?" Kevin sighed looking at Eve as if she had all the answers. "Yeah if he has caller I.d" She joked causing Kevin to smack his lips.

"I'm serious Eve." Kevin's face held a worried expression, apart of him wondered if this was karma coming back at him for all the foul things he'd done in his life. Avery was the one good thing he had, and he hadn't realized it until she was laying here like this.

Taking a moment to look where he was looking Eve felt emotional seeing her friend in that state, but she sucked it up and cleared her throat. "He lead you to her Kevin, she may not be in the best condition but she's still here. I think that's proof enough that he's listening." Eve was trying to keep her faith. The hardest thing in the world was trying to convince someone else to stay strong when you feel weak.

Kamille was watching their interaction from the other side of the room. She kept quiet listening to Avery's steady breathing.

"Yeah, I guess you're right... It's just that when I was a kid I asked Santa for this bike and it never came." His face dropped, looking at Avery like she was the bike.

Eve lightly popped Kevin upside his head, "That was Santa fool, not Yahweh. Santa ain't real." she made a face as Kevin said ouch.

"Same thing," Kevin said rubbing the back of his head.

Evette moved away from Kevin before she choked the hell out of him, literally.

"No it's not." was all the energy she had to say as she rolled her eyes now standing near the door.

"At all." Kamille butted in causing Eve to glance her way.

"Thank you," Eve responded to which Kamille gave a nod.