Chapter 1

Abcde POV

" Abic-dee, Evans"  The class laughed when the substitute pronounced my name wrong.

" It's  Ab-ce-dee. And present." I said in an annoyed tone. This happens all the time. Like clockwork.

The rest of class continued like this. The substitute, Mrs. Brown, spent most of class trying to pronounce kids names. Most of the kids names at Clover High School in White Plains, New York, were easy and to pronounce, like Smith and Ronald.

"Ka-say, Mc-Graa-ver"

My best friend, Kasey McGraver, raised her hand as she rolled her eyes and continued to scroll through Instagram. Eventually, after a long attendance and a short lesson, the bell rang and everyone jumped out of their seats ready for lunch. Lunch is my favorite thing. Like. Ever.
I packed up my stuff and left the class. As always, my boyfriend, star quarterback Jonathan Peterson was waiting for me. You must be thinking ' aww, such a gentleman.' He's quite the opposite. He is only here because I buy his lunch and his class is right next to mine. As usual, we walk down the hallway hand in hand, Jonathan being sure to show me off to the other guys. Girls look at Jonathan with puppy eyes. I don't even care anymore. I don't even know why I'm with him in the first place.

Flashback

Nervous as can be, I walk down the hall of my new school. It's already been a few weeks and some sports had already started. I joined cheerleading. Freshman year, here I come. I already know I'm gonna be captain soon, because I have a loud voice, great posture, a pretty face, and I can do gymnastics and stunts. 'Or is that too cocky'  I thought to myself as worked my map way to my first class, Geometry. After this I have AP language arts, PE, and French. I had this one cute guy in most of my classes, a sophomore, but he never looked at me once. My day went by quickly, staring at him helplessly, and I was heading to the lockers to get changed for cheer.

"Evans!" Coach Michelle was calling me. I ran up to her in a hurry.

"Yes coach?"

"You're captain"

"Why?"

"Jessica, Veronica, Vanessa, Gina and Tina were caught drinking on school property."

'What!!! Those are the best girls on the team... ' I held back a laugh 'Those idiots.'

"O-okay"

"Great, you must wear your uniform everyday from now on, but you will get an extra uniform and a letterman jacket with the words 'captain' on the back."

'Man, this school is rich!'

We went to the field to practice and the football team was out. The football team learned that I was captain and were looking at me like I was their prey. I caught him looking at me. He started walking up to me.

Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, quick Abcde pull yourself together'

"Hey, Abcde right? I'm Jonathan Peterson, quarterback"

"H-hi. Umm. Yeah that's me."

"I'll pick you up at eight okay, be pretty"

'What?! That was a odd and rude but... I'm going out with him! The quarter back! We'll be so happy together. What if we're high school sweethearts? I'm so excited!'.

If only I knew