"Hey, Gee" A man behind the desk counter smiled and waved after he saw Gerard walk into his weed shop. There were just a few people there and the room was dim, making the only source of light come from the light up signs inside the store. 

"Hey, Alex" Gerard smiled back as he walked over to the counter and leaned his hands on it. "Runnin' low?" He asked, turning back to his selection of cigarettes and other 'fun stuff'. "Yeah,.. you know the drill" Gerard replied as Alex chuckled, grabbing a pack of camels from the shelves behind him, throwing it down onto the counter. 

Gerard stuck his hands in his jeans pockets, trying to look around for his wallet - or any money at all, really. "Fuck,.. can you cover for me?" Gerard asked as Alex nodded. "I'll put it on a tab for you" The taller man said as Gerard thanked him and grabbed the packet of cigarettes. 

He opened the thin plastic wrapping and got out a cigarette from the thick paper box. "Got a lighter?" He asked, sticking the tube filled with tobacco in between his lips. Alex reached under the counter and handed the black haired boy a green translucent lighter. Gerard grabbed it and lit the end of it, blowing out some smoke. 

"How's Mikey doing?" Alex asked, placing his hands down on the desk. "He's good, I guess. Still pissing me off about the whole job thing" Gerard said, placing the cigarette back in his mouth. "I mean, he has a point, Gee. You're twenty-two and you haven't found a job yet. Get your shit together man" Alex furrowed his eyebrows.

He wasn't wrong. Gerard was in fact just twenty-two years old and still unemployed. He's an addict and lives alone in his tiny-ass apartment. He always steals money from his parents to get through bills -and gets away with it- and Mikey used to always bully him for not getting a job. He always told him that he was wasting his life and didn't really approve of his whole drug addiction he had. 

"Look, I don't give a fuck. I'm happy with my current situation and I'm not gonna get a job that wakes me up at six every goddamn morning so I can sit down at a desk and do absolutely nothing but still make my brain physically hurt at the end of the day. It's not worth it" Gerard said, huffing out smoke. 

"But you get paid. That's the most important thing, right?"

"Sure but I don't want to do it. I know I'm lazy and I'm not gonna change"

"Alright, then. Suit yourself" Alex sighed as Gerard grabbed the pack and stuffed them in his front pocket.

"I gotta go" Gerard said, waving at Alex before leaving the store. He walked to his house, finally relieved that he was in his safe space.. until his phone rang. He sighed heavily, grabbing it and answering. 

"What do you want, Mikey?" Gerard said, sitting down on his bed.

"Nice to hear from you too, asshole. Listen, I've got news for you. I managed to get you a job. Just hear me out-"

"But I don't want a job"

"Didn't I tell you to hear me out?... Anyway, I have this friend who works in that all boys, christian private school downtown. He talked about how they needed an English teacher in the school.. so, I told him about you. You're pretty good at English literature so it wouldn't be much of a problem" Mikey said as Gerard mentally cursed, wanting to punch Mikey in face so hard that he couldn't feel it the next day. 

"What the fuck, Mikey! I hate kids" Gerard said, laying down onto the semi hard mattress. 

"I know but these are aren't kids. They're sixteen" Mikey said through the phone as Gerard smiled, grabbing the mostly used cigarette out of his mouth as he crushed the lit up part on an ashtray, on his nightstand. 

"You start tomorrow. So pick out a good suit and be there on time, okay?"

"Fine... I want to fucking murder you for this.." Gerard said as he ended the call, throwing his phone onto his bed.