Chapter 1

You panted as you continued to run through the forest trail. The evening air was cool and it helped to keep you from sweating your imaginary balls off. The sun had just started to sink below the horizon casting beautiful shades of red, pink, orange, and purple. You decided that you should begin heading back before it becomes too dark to see the trail. You stop, taking a sip of your water before turning around to begin the trek back home.

  The bottle hits the ground as you stare at the person before you. The woman looked to be half dead. She was standing at a crooked angle and her head was bent to the side. She looked like a real-life zombie. Your breath quickened as she paced towards you, limping. You took a cautious step back. She paused, her head turned the other way before she opened her mouth.

  "C-calm. Mean n-no harm." She even spoke like a zombie. You stood still, frozen.

  She nodded and continued forward, a hand stretched out in your direction getting closer and closer until it made contanct with your left arm. Your face grows a look of confusion as you stare down at the dirty, blood covered hand. Wait, blood?! Your confusion turns to horror, but it's too late. A grayish-blue goo seeps from her hand, connecting with the exposed skin on your arm and disappearing quickly. The woman's hand falls and you peel your eyes away from your arm long enough to see her fall limp on the ground - no longer moving, or breathing. Your heartbeat quickens and a pounding headache consumes you before the world goes dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  When you awoke you were back in your apartment on your couch, still clothed in your running gear. The water bottle sat closed on the coffee table in front of you. How did you end up back at your apartment? You remember the woman on the trail and her touching you but nothing more after the that. You begin to panic as you realize that woman was probably dead. Oh no! You needed to call the police. You stood quickly, feeling dizzy but hobbled over to the phone.

  "No, human. Do not call the police. It will only end in bloodshed."

  Your hand dropped down from the phone and you glanced around frantically, searching for the deep voice that had spoken to you.

  "Your confusion is amusing."

  "Who, who said that? Who's there?"

  "I am Riot. And you, (Y/N), are my new host."