Chapter 2

You spent the next half hour freaking out. You were pretty sure that your stress levels had shot up past what you could handle, but thankfully you were able to keep from passing out. Your little hitchhiker had sat amused through the whole ordeal, only putting in a few snarky comments here and there. And honestly it helped a bit. You had completely calmed down by the forty-five minute mark.

  So, here you were now - standing in front of your fridge searching for something to cook. You didn't have much to choose from. You normally went out to eat or ordered take-out. The cool air from the opened fridge did feel nice though.

  "There. The steak."

  You grabbed it, setting it off to the side and began searching for the ingrediants to cook it. You grab a pan from the oven and set it on the stovetop placing a slice of butter in before turning the heat on. You went to place the steak on the pan but stopped short. Bringing the meat to your face, you sniffed and your mouth watered as you thought of the taste. You brought the raw meat to your mouth. You have to cook it first! Eating raw meat was gross and unsanitary. What had you been thinking? You had an idea on who's idea it was to eat the steak raw. You shook your head, placed the meat on the pan and began cooking it to your preference.

  "You humans, so fickle. The raw meat is just as consumable as the cooked version is."

  "Cooked meat is healthier for us humans. If we eat raw meat then we can become sick and trust me, it's not nice to be bent over a toilet for a whole day."

  Riot scoffed but did not make any further comments. You could feel his confusion and frustration but they dulled as the smell of the cooking steak filled the air. Your mouth watered and your stomach growled. You could feel your hunger as well as Riot's. As soon as it was done the grayish-blue goo from before spread over you, covering your form head to toe. You realized quickly that this was Riot, the little hitchhiker in your mind taking over. His mouth stretched open wide and the steak was gone in the next second.

  "More."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  You sat down on your couch and sighed. The past week was pure chaos for you. Riot had demanded food, mostly meat and after a trip to McDonald's he had developed a craving for french fries. Your wallet couldn't be sadder.

  "I can't keep this up, Riot. I only have so much money to spend on food."

  He huffed, a little trail of goop slipped out from underneath the sleeve of your shirt and formed the nightmarish head of your symbiotic pest.

  "I can always take over and kill someone for food."

  The head grinned at you, sharp teeth grinded against each other and a long tongue slid out covered in drool. You grimaced at the image of eating another person.

  "Exactly my point. Now, I think it's time that I told you the real reason why I'm here."

  Riot went on to explain that an evil man had sent a rocket to space and captured himself and three other symbiotes. The man was named Carlton Drake he was the CEO of the Life Foundation.  You recognized the name almost immediately. He was your lab partner in university. You haven't seen or heard from him since graduation. Riot told you that he intended on freeing his fellow symbiotes and returning to their planet. You sympathized with your new hitchhiker friend and agreed to help him on his mission. Under the strict condition that there would be absolutely no killing of any sort.

  "I will do what I must to survive, host."

  You argued that if he killed anyone that whatever you two had going on would end immediately, whether you had to rip him off or something else. He was frustrated with you and your morals, but did not argue with you any further. He bargained that he would at least steal some money for more steak and you agreed - as long as nobody lost their life.