Chapter 36

Kazuto's POV

I sit in my office while staring at a document. "Just because you keep on staring that, doesn't mean it's going to finish," Eugeo speaks.

"I'm thinking," I reply before I sign the paper I'm holding.

"About what? Yui?" He asks. "Haven't finished yet?"

"It has. It's in my workroom in the east wing."

"Really? You already finished it?"

"Yeah..."

"Then, why you seem unhappy?"

"I'm thinking of how I surprise her..."

"Easy. Take her to the workroom." He answers as he sits on the chair in front of my table. "It's tomorrow, you know."

"I know," I mutter.

The next day
30th of September 2025

I open my eyes to see Asuna's still sleeping. I raise my hand and poke her cheek. "Good morning, Birthday girl," I greet as she opens her eyes slowly.

She giggles, "Good morning, Kazuto-kun."

"Happy birthday," I say before I kiss her forehead.

"Arigatou." She says as I pull back. "Come on, let's get up." We get up from our bed and get ready to school.

KNOCK KNOCK

I open the door and see Eugeo standing there. "Morning, Kaz. You ready?"

"Asuna is still in the bathroom," I say before I see Asuna walk out from the bathroom already ready except her blazer. "In a sec."

I walk back to the sofa leaving the door open. "Morning Asuna. Happy 18th birthday by the way." Eugeo greets while walking into the room.

"Thank you, Eugeo," Asuna replies.

"Here, let me help you," I say.

"I didn't know you can do it, Kazuto," Eugeo remarks as I finish braiding Asuna's hair

"She taught me the other day," I answer before Asuna gets up from her seat.

"Thank you, Kazuto-kun." She speaks while putting on her blazer.

"Well, we should be going now," Eugeo says before I take my blazer and my bag.

At school

We walk to the school building with Asuna's holding my hand. "Wow, they decorated the school for you." Eugeo remarks while we walk up the stairs.

"They don't need to do this, you know..." Asuna says.

"You are the Queen now, Asuna." Eugeo remarks with a chuckle. "Of course, they would celebrate it like this."