Mute Girl: 7

Emma's POV
We arrive at a trampoline park and I look at Regina. I open the door of my car letting her out. 'Your car is like a death trap' I smile and kiss her rosy cheeks. "Shut up and let's go" We follow them inside and I go to pull my hand away seeing a lot of people. 'Please don't pull away, please em' I kiss her hand and she blushes again.

They give us socks and Regina's face scrunches as she's seeing the bright orange socks they hand to her. Her little feet are adorable. 'These socks are treacherous' I smile and nod. "I agree love. Ready" I ask standing up. She stands and sets her hand in mine which is held out for her.

"Not a couple my ass" My dad says walking past me. I look at Regina and she's blushing. "Okay let's go" We walk to the trampoline part and I see our parents jumping and falling. Regina laughs lightly and I kiss her cheek. I walk away from her and start jumping. I do backflips and Regina gives me a look. I know that look. It's the 'oh my gosh how are you doing that' look. "Come I'll help you" She shakes her head and I see her scared nervous face. "I'll help you" She sighs and holds my hand.

"Okay put your arms straight up above your head. And start jumping and mid air. Swing your arms back and your body should follow. I'll guide you" She nods. She puts her arms up and and I set my hand on her back and her stomach. I tickle her and she pushes me away. "Okay okay sorry" I set my hand on her again and she jumps and then flips. Like a pro. "Are you sure you haven't done this before" I ask eyeing her and she blushes giggling.

_______
The park was fun and we are back in the cabin. "Had fun" I ask. She nods and leans her head on my shoulder. She's been super touchy touchy today and I love it. People look at us weird but Regina doesn't notice and that's all the matter.

"How about we grill some food" Henry asks standing up from the couch. "I'm down for it, It'll give the girls some time to chat" Regina gives me a scared look. I grab my mom phone off the table and put Regina's number in it. "You're fine, I'll be right outside" She nods and I kiss her forehead.

I walk outside and they already started grilling some burgers and hot dogs. I'll eat both. I got chicken for Regina knowing she loves grilled chicken. I help season them with Henry and my dad and him actually cook it. "So you and my daughter" Henry asks.

"Are friends, good friends"

"You feel something Emma I know you" Dad says.

"I mean she's a beautiful girl and I mean stunning. Her personality is everything and even if she doesn't speak I know exactly what she's trying to say. We've become so close and I really really like her but I can't ruin our friendship. What if it turns sour we won't be friends anymore. And I need her. She needs me. It's just too complicated to be something more" I look down.

"You're just like me with Cora and David with Mary"

"We went to high school together" My dad explain.

"We were a great group of friends. We made a pact to ask them out on the same day. So we did luckily they both said yes. And we've been happily together ever since. December 25th." Henry says smiling like it just happened.

"Christmas" I ask.

"It was our gift to them I guess. We were so in love and still are but I think it will work. And Cora loves you already. You make Regina feel normal. That's what she says. She feels normal. Thank you"

"My pleasure your daughter is everything to me. She's everything" I smile thinking about all the good things we've done so far. All the good times.

______
"How's grilling going" My mom asks coming outside with Cora and Regina. She's blushing so I'm guessing I know what they were talking about. Regina wraps her arms around my neck and I hold her. Just enjoying this embrace. All our parents sit down in the chair and watch some kids play football. It's actually a good game. I check on the food and Regina wraps her arms around my waist. "Be careful love I don't want you to accidentally burn yourself" I say and she holds me tighter. I smile and close the lid and turn around. I wrap my arms around her shoulder and she looks up at me smiling. I lean down and rub our noses together. I love this so much. Everything about this. We are such good friends. I really don't want to ruin it. But gosh what we could be. Our parents. That would be so cool. I mean at least I think so.

______
We all sit down and eat. I put my hand on Regina's thigh and she glares at me blushing. 'I can't focus when you do things like that. Stop Emma' I remove my hand with a smirk. I look up and they are all smiling at us. Regina blushes sinking in her chair.

I smile even harder because she so god damn adorable. Everything about her is so damn cute. God! I can't get enough of her. "When do you start school" Cora asks. "Um I think a few weeks. I'm not sure they haven't even given us our schedules yet" I say.

"Are you taking honors Regina" Henry asks. She nods and I smile she's so smart. "I'm thinking about trying for football and then basketball" I say. Regina looks at me confused. 'Playing with boys' I nod looking at her now it's my turn to be confused. 'You could get hurt right' I give her a look. "Getting hurt is kinda part of the game. I'm bound to hurt myself" I say.

'I don't want you to but I'll be right here to fix you up when you're hurt' I kiss her cheek. "As long as it's you and only you then that's all that matter" She turns and kisses my cheek.