chapter 2

Itachi led her to the Konoha village but Sakura stopped instead of following him. He glanced back at her. She looked broken making him sigh. "I can't... I can't go back... not now... not like this..." she whispered. Sakura didn't feel worthy enough to return to the village, she couldn't face anyone after what she just went through. Sasuke not only decide to let one of her best friends join him, when he refused to let her but he was starting a family with her despite knowing very well thst was one of Sakura's dream. He knew thst she would have done anything and everything he wanted yet he brushed her aside for another and on top of those heart breaking betrayals he was going to allow someone to kill her, not finding her worthy enough for him to kill himself which oddly hurt Sakura more then any him refusing her. Itachi was silent as he stared at his beloved village then looked at the sky. "We need a medical nin on our team... if you are interested." Sakura glanced at him at his words. She was quiet for a moment as if she was thinking. "Join the Akatsuki..." "if you want." He replied before he began to walk off. Sakura glanced between her village and Itachi. She felt like she couldn't return and live a happy life knowing Sasuke would never return to her but perhaps she could start a new with Itachi and the Akatsuki. She hesitantly followed Itachi once again, stealing glances at him once more before she finally spoke, "I never knew he had a brother..." "we are not close..." Itachi claimed as they continued to walk making Sakura fall silent. He was short with her, something she was use to from Sasuke but his tone was kinder and much more gentle. He glanced at her. "I do not recall your name. What is it?" "Sakura. Sakura Haruno." She replied giving a friendly smile but felt slightly awkward but wasn't sure why.

They walked in silence while Sakura attempted to come up with a conversation topic that didn't seem to personal. She was following an enemy of the leaf knowing every well he could easily kill her with him not only being an Uchiha but she had heard the faint whispered of the famous Itachi that the village still spoke of despite not knowing what he looked like until she met him. He was one of the greatest and if he could kill his clan with little to no trouble she knew he would have no issue ending her life when he saw fit. "Itachi..." she finally spoke but the rest of her words where lost when he stopped walking. "We are here..." her green eyes glanced over the Akatsuki hide out then at the older man. Sakura's stomach was filled with butterflies in that moment. She, Sakura Haruno, great medical nin of Konoha was about to join the Akatsuki. She took a deep breath and followed Itachi into the hideout only to hear yelling before it came to a stop and all the members laid eyes on her. She felt as if they where undressing her, looking into her soul and searching for her greatest fears. "You brought a girl home?..." a blonde girlie man replied with a smirk. "It's about time." He reminded Sakura of Ino in the most unsettling way possible making her look away towards the other members who stayed quiet, waiting for Itachi to speak. "This is Sakura Haruno. She will be our new medical nin." "Fine by me... maybe it will keep Deidara alive a little longer with how bomb crazy he is... he could go any minute." A blue skinned man commented making the girlie blonde glare in his direction. "It is art!" "KAAABOOMMM!!" A masked man shouted making most of his teammates give him an annoyed look but Sakura thought she had seen the masked man before but the thought went to the back of her mind when Itachi pulled out a kunai. She flinched slightly before he pointed it to her forehead protector. "First things first. If you wish to join you must become a rogue." She took her forehead protector off and then the kunai before marking the Konoha symbol out out. "Yay! Tobi welcomes new team mate!" The masked man shouted making Sakura give an uneasy smile before glancing at Itachi who gave nod.

Staring into his dark mysterious eyes the butterflies disappeared and a warm fuzziness filled her stomach, an almost happy feeling. She gave him a smile before he looked away. "I will show you to your room." She followed with a small nod and he took her down a hall and stopped at a sliding door. "This will be yours, relax for now. We will have a mission later on." He began to walk away until she grabbed the sleeve of his jacket making Itachi stop and glance back at her. "Oh uh..." she quickly let go with an awkward embarrassed blush and rubbed her neck. "Sorry... just wanted to say thank you for well... everything."  He gave a nod in reply then walked away. "You are welcome... but do no apologize." She watched him leave feeling dumbfounded by his words but quickly shook off the feeling and went inside her new room. It was plan and simple but Sakura would soon add her touch to it till then she would endure the plainness. She laid on the soft bed with a sigh but stared at the Akatsuki jacket that hung across from her bed. She was now a rogue ninja, a new member of the Akatsuki and a new part of her life would begin but this time unlike all that she had done before she wasn't doing this for Sasuke or Naruto she was doing this for her
To be continued...