Chapter 6

When they woke, tangled together again, Barry couldn't help but grin. CC was still mostly asleep, which was something Barry enjoyed way more than he should. There was something about the peacefulness in his features, the innocence of it, that hooked him. It was why he came back every time.

"You could stop staring," CC groaned out.

Barry laughed. "You know, I don't think I want to keep screaming CC," Barry mused lightly as CC forced his eyes open. "I think Len?"

CC raised an eyebrow as he made eye contact with Barry. "Whatever you want, kid," he replied.

"Breakfast or room service?" Len asked. This time, it was Barry who raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean? Do you have some secret cooking talent?"

Len smirked mysteriously. "Maybe I do. Guess you'll just have to wait, won't you?"

Barry rolled his eyes as the rest of him rolled off the bottom bunk. He offered a hand to Len, who, to his surprise, took it. They walked side by side to the living room to watch TV. Their room didn't have a kitchen, but it had a bathroom, and it wasn't difficult for a speedster to speed to the kitchen and grab what Len asked for.

So they sat in the bathroom. Barry had pulled up a chair for Len, who had cast it aside, so it sat by the door. Barry was a bundle of energy, as usual, so he paced around the large bathroom, occasionally asking about what Len was making. Of course, the guy wouldn't actually tell him what it was, but it was fun to guess. Len seemed to enjoy it, too.

Len had changed when Barry wasn't looking because he was apparently shy, so he was now wearing a shirt that was completely blue to match his eyes. It said, 'Ain't it cold in here?' The pun kept making Barry laugh at the most random moments, which Len seemed to smile every time he did. That could be his imagination, though.

"What mysterious talent do you have, Scarlet?" Len asked at one point. Barry had blushed and looked at his feet, his pacing stopped for a moment. He had tried to put it off, change the topic, but Len was persistent. Eventually, he managed to coax Barry into singing Cold by Maroon 5. It was completely worth it when Len actually laughed at the pun, though.

"I don't understand why you're so cold," Barry sang, but it was directed at Len. Like he was asking him.

"Baby, tell me, how did you get so cold?"

Len shifted uncomfortably with every lyric, but Barry didn't let up. If anything, he seemed to press even harder, slowly but surely making his way over to Len.

Barry was asking him. Begging him, in fact. He was curious. He knew Lewis was a part of it, but Len never talked about him. He needed to know.

"Cold, enough to chill my bones," he sang, this time right next to Len as he cracked an egg harshly and threw it into the bowl.

"Go away!" Len growled as he shoved Barry back. But Barry just looked more determined. "What happened to you?" Barry asked, the song long forgotten. Len glanced away, forcing the tears to stay beyond his eyes.

"Please, Len," Barry whispered, right up next to him again, but Len didn't feel like pushing him away this time. Honestly, he wanted to talk to him, to open himself up, but he couldn't. People couldn't be trusted, especially this one.

"You can trust me. I won't hurt you."

Somehow, that hurt. It made him think of all the times he had betrayed the speedster, the many times he had faked everything about himself because he was scared.

"I-I can't, alright?!" Len yelled. This time, the tears had made it to his eyes and he was just done with this. It had been a peaceful morning, a happy one, for once, and Barry had to go and ruin it! Or maybe Len had, he didn't know anymore.