Chapter 8

Eventually, Len found himself heading back to Lisa's. 

Except he forgot about the chicks on the couch, who decided to stare at him.

"Uh," he started awkwardly. "Can I help the strange women in my apartment?"

They shared a look. "You must be Len," the taller, darker one said. The pale one nodded slowly, a dark look entering her eyes as she whispered something into her friend(or maybe not a friend)'s ear.

The first one, the one who had spoken, nodded. "We have some information for you."

Len crossed his arms and stood stoically. "What do you want?"

"I think you know Barry Allen is an idiot," the younger one said. Len raised an eyebrow. "True, but why should I trust you when I don't even know your name?"

The darker one smirked. "That's fixable. I'm Lily and this is JJ."

JJ waved. Len fought the urge to roll his eyes. 

"What does JJ stand for?" he asked. JJ looked down, and Lily took a defensive stance before relaxing. She whispered something to JJ, who nodded slowly.

"Uh... It's Jacob Jones," she whispered. Len only heard her because of his amazing hearing. When he did, he couldn't help but be surprised. This girl seemed like she had enough problems as is without adding one more thing. She didn't want sympathy, though, something Len could understand.

"Did you tell Barry?" was the first thing that came out of his mouth. Both of them smirked, more at each other than at him.

"No," JJ said. "It never came up." The and you better not tell him went unsaid.

Len fought the urge to laugh. One of Barry's best friends was hiding the fact she was transgender. Great.

"What did you want to tell me?" Len asked, desperate to stay on point. "He ran away when you tried to tell him you love him, right?" Lily asked. "What he wanted to say was that he returned those feelings. At least, that's what I could make out. He was really drunk."

Len stared at her in surprise.

He wanted to go into the room, wake Barry up, and ask himself, but that was selfish. That wouldn't help him.

So he headed back to Lisa's room like he had planned, waving to the girls as he headed out. 

But he was stopped on his way by a little girl. 

This girl was a platinum blonde with some blue highlights. Her eyes were green, like Barry's, but it was hard to see with her bangs in the way. Her black sweatpants were darkened with what looked like blood, something that terrified Len for some reason. Her yellow shirt had a smiley face, which did not match her broken expression. When her eyes locked with Len's, she giggled like those creepy children in the movies.

"Hello," she said. Len felt a shiver climb his spine, but he was going to help this child, no matter how creepy she was. Barry would want him to.

"Hi, sweetie. Do you know where your parents are?"

Her creepy smile disappeared, replaced by a frown. She nodded and pointed to the floor. Maybe she meant downstairs...

Len sighed. "I'll take you, alright?"

She cocked her head but didn't argue Instead, she let him steal her hand.

They walked, hand in hand toward the stairwell. Len had never been down there. It was for the broke people who needed to get away, the ones who no one else would bunk with.