Maybe

"Newt!!!" Tina rushed up to her dearly missed 'friend' excitedly. Without even thinking first, she hugged him.

Newt was taken back but returned the sign of affection. "How are you?" He asked, after untangling his arms from hers. "Better now that you're here" Tina replied. 'Ohmygod, did I really say that?' The brunette blushed & tilted her head toward the magizoologist in front of her.

Newt's face was a dark crimson. "I feel better in your presence as well" he murmured. 'I feel better in your presence? Who are you talking to, Newt, the queen?!'

"AWWW!!! Look at that cute couple!!" A loud voice interupted the awkward silence. The two of them turned to the side to see a woman, around her late 40's gushing at them. "Young love!!"

"Erm- shall we get going?" Tina asked. Newt nodded slightly & they walked away into a secluded alleyway, where they disapparated with a 'pop!'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NEWT!! TEENIE!!" Queenie Goldstein shrieked at the sight of the British wizard & the American witch appearing with in the middle of their living room arm-in-arm.

"How are you?!" The blonde rushed up to the awkward, flustered couple & gave them both a bone-crushing hug. "Look at you!!! Newt, you're so skinny!! C'mon let's eat!!"

Queenie led them to the kitchen/dining room. Dinner was already on the table. It smelled & looked delicious. There was a pork crackling with roast potatoes, mini quiches, tuna casserole, Caesar salad & of course, strudel for dessert.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, Newt" Queenie said, casually, while picking at her salad "How's thing going for you in the love department?" Looking up to Tina, he mumbled "Fine, thank you. How about you two?" Queenie' expression turned from cheeky to sad. "Jacob has a girlfriend" she whispered, voice wavering. "Oh....um, I'm very sorry about that" Newt was, to be honest, not good at consoling people.

"Teenie's love life has been looking up though" Queenie perked up. "It's not that serious" Tina blushed "we've only been together for, what, one month?" The younger Goldstein rolled her eyes "You & Jayden have been together for 6 months, thank you very much"

Newt felt a spark of jealousy ignite in his stomach. "What's he like?" He asked, mumbling. "You'll see, he's coming over in half an hour" Tina replied, mindlessly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tina!" A tall-ish man with chestnut brown hair apparated on the inside of the front door. "Jay!" The brunette witch ran to the door. Queenie appeared & then, so did Newt. Jayden examined Newt carefully, "Tina, is this Queenie's boyfriend or something?" The blonde giggled & the Brit blushed, again.

"Jay, this is Newt Scamander" Tina introduced the two "he's one of our dearest friends" Jayden raised an eyebrow at 'dearest friends' "Newt" Tina took his hand & led him over to Jayden "This is my boyfriend, Jayden Wright."

Newt stuck out the hand Tina wasn't holding "Nice to meet you Mr. Wright" Jayden stiffly shook his hand & replied "& you, Mr-" his eyes widened & his grip softened. "Newt Scamander" he murmured "I swear I know you from somewhere." Suddenly, a tiny lightbulb went off in his brain. "Goodness!! You're the author of the book Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them!!"

Newt nodded, shyly & suddenly remembered the whole reason he went to New York in the first place. "Tina, wait here" he turned to her "I"ll be right back"

After rummaging around in his shed, Newt found the package. Racing back up, he passed it to Tina. "My promise to you" he smiled slightly. Tina unwrapped the gift & there was the book. It was wonderful, & she told him so. "It's- it's really nothing" Newt stammered, turning red.

"Well, we have to go" Jayden practically shouted, destroying the tender moment. "We have a date"

----------------------------------------------

Two hours later, Jayden brought Tina home. Before leaving he gave her a long & passionate kiss, while keeping one eye slightly opened to see Newt's reaction. But as soon as their lips met, the magizoologist was in his case.

"I love you, hun" Newt heard Jayden say very loudly "You'll always be my girl." Then the door shut.

Newt didn't like this feeling of jealousy. It was getting harder to conceal his feelings for Tina.

Little does he know, she thinks about him too.

A/N
Hello there, my limited amount of readers! If you are reading this, again, thank you!! I'm surprised I got any views at all really!! If you like it, I'm glad. If you don't, why are you reading this? It's the 3rd chapter!! If you didn't like it, then you would have called quits already. Proof that you at least kinda liked it!! Anyways....
yeah, bye

- Fangurl_700