So Close

Closer. Closer. Closer. Their faces were inches apart, the room grew hot. Tilting heads, they leaned just a little more &....

Tina suddenly realised what was happening. No, I can't do this. Not to Jayden.

In one swift move, she swept her head to the side & pecked Newt on the cheek.

Newt saw her head smoothly slide to the right & felt her warm lips touch his cheek. Oh my goodness, why did I do that? Were- were we going to kiss?

"I'm s-sorry" Newt blushed "I don't know what came over me-" He was cut off by Tina, who was blushing equally as him. "It's alright, really. I'll see you tomorrow" with that, she was gone.

----------------------------------------------

"Hey babes" Jayden kissed Tina & handed her a heart shaped box.

Slightly blushing, Tina asked him what was the gift for.

"Well, you said that I missed Valentines Day so here is your gift!! I know it's a little late but it's the thought that matters right?"

Tina smiled warmly at her current lover. "Yes, of course!!" She took off the lid, revealing less than 5 chocolates in the box.

"Wh- where's the rest?" Tina smiled uncertainly while furrowing her eyebrows together.

"Well, your man's gotta eat, hasn't he babes?" Jayden shrugged "So is that Newt fella still here?"

"Yes, he is" Newt appeared in the living room.

"Haha!!" Jayden laughed "Speak of the devil. I'm just wondering how long you're staying in the city for, because you gave Tina the book already, right? That's all you really came for."

Newt mulled over the question. Yes, the main reason was to give Tina his book, but this was also a visit to the sisters & New York.

"Well, yes, you're correct, the main reason was to give Tina my book" Newt looked down "although, this is a visit to both the sisters, possibly Jacob & a little holiday in New York"

"Jacob?" Jayden said, confused "if he's friends with you, then he must be a right good idio-"

"Are you sure you want to finish that sentence?" A light voice entered the conversation. It was Queenie.

"Yes, I do Queenie" Jayden smirked "this Jacob fella seems like a idiot"

Queenie's face darkened "why is that?" She thundered

"Because he's seems like good friends with Newt" Jayden quipped

"Teenie, can you talk to your boyfriend?" The blonde said angrily.

Tina took her 'loving' boyfriend to her room where she started scolding him.

"Are all people who are friends with Newt idiots?!"

"Yes!!"

"Queenie & I are very good friends with him!!!"

"That's just it, babes. I don't like him, you should kick him out"

"& why is that?"

"What if he tries you or Queenie?"

"Tries what? Jayden, what?"

"Look, babes. I don't want to loose you. I don't trust him. What if he forces you or somethin' while he's here?"

"You don't even know him properly!! He would never do that!!"

"Well, neither do you!! You said he stayed at your place for a week & left. You said this is the first time you've seen him since then!!"

"We've been talking through owl for the past year!!"

"Oh, so you are cheating on me!!!"

"Just because I've been talking to another man does not mean I've been cheating on you!!!"

"Babes, c'mon. Let's not fight"

"I told you not to call me 'Babes' it's like I'm not the only one!!"

"...."

"Jay? Answer me!!"

"You are the only one"

"Whatever, I'm done talking to you"

With that, Tina leaves. Slamming the door behind her.

Then, she's back.

"Hey!! This is my appartment & my room!!! You leave!!!"

Sighing, Jayden appararates away.

----------------------------------------------

There is a knock on Tina's door.

"Newt? Come on in"

The door creaks open, revealing a blushing Newt with a velvet box in his hands.

"Um- I s-saw the b-box of chocolates  J-Jayden gave you. I-it was almost empty. S-so I bought you a f-full box."

Tina couldn't believe Newt would do that for her.

After gratefully accepting the heart shaped velvet box, Tina noticed that they were almost all salted caramel chocolate drops.

"Q-Queenie said they were your favourite, so I-I asked them to fill them with s-salted caramel ch-chocolate drops" Newt stammered.

Tina put down the box, crossed the room & dutifully kissed Newt on the cheek.

Right in front of Jayden who had just apparated into her room.