Secrets Revealed

I connect the two parts of Xena together and throw my shakram towards the monk with the bo staff. He deflects my weapon but as he's recoiling from the deflect, I whistle and pierce his jugular with my arrow coating the wall with blood as he slaps to the floor. He falls and his hood lowers from the sudden movement

Y/n: "what the hell are you?!" I kick the monk to roll his body over, the contorted and twisted human features, intertwining with features of a Grimm! Lifeless red eyes, small yet curved horns pointing out of the forehead, pale white skin merging with pale white skin

One of the monks beside Roman begins walking towards me
Monk: "We ArE tHaT WhIcH OuR LoRd OnCe WaS. We WoRsHiP ThE DeAtH-sInGeR. ThE OnE WhO's ScReAm CaN StRiKe FeAr InTo AnY hUnTsMaN. ThE nUkeLAveE"

y/n: "never heard of if."

Monk: "HaHaHa! ThIs Is No SuPrIsE tO uS cHiLd. FoR yOu ArE nO hUnTsMaN! YoU aRe A cHiLd PlAyInG dReSs Up."

*play song at top*

Y/n: "says the guy wearing a discount Halloween robe. Now shut up and fight!"

the monk begins running towards me and produces a long electrified scimitar from his robes sleeve. I duck his first swing with Xena and whistle, my arrow flies into his shoulder and pierced through to the other side. The monk seemingly unfazed lunges at me and swings wildly, I jump up and activate my semblance, I float up into the air and throw Xena down at him which cuts the side of his hood and presumably his face too. Xena returns to my hand as I fly behind him and plant a form kick into his spine which releases a loud snapping sound as the monk falls down dead.

I land and smirk as I stare at the final monk who calmly walks forwards, his gnarled clawed hands emerge from underneath the robes and point at me. A crackle of energy emits from his hands and strikes my body. He cackles madly as he walks towards me. The pain becomes too much as I fall to the floor, my knees giving out from underneath me.

Monk: "UNLIMITED POWER!"

Y/n: "*grunt* now you're just- GYAH! Stealing from Star Wars!" I throw Xena at him and he stops it by focusing his lightning towards it, that is my moment, as he stops my weapon he stops attacking me and I focus my power to fly up, the words once again piercing through my mind as I do. I focus my power into Xena which disconnects into its two parts and stabs into the Monks side, causing him to fall to the floor. I look down at him as o levitate over to him

Y/n: "any last words you poor excuse for an antagonist?"

Monk: "ThE NuKaLeAvEe ShAlL fEaST oN yOuR fEaR."

I whistle and my arrow hovers by my shoulder
Y/n: "then it'll go hungry."

I whistle and the arrow flies through the monks hooded head. The body falls to the ground with a squelch. I see Torchwick trying to run away and I whistle sending my arrow through his ankle and sending him tumbling to the floor. I fly over and pick him up, then push him against a wall.

Y/n: "So tell me Torchwick, what do you know of the spire?"

Torchwick: "Nothing I swear! I did a couple jobs for the monks and the death-singers back when the spire was still running, I got paid in full and never asked questions! I swear that's all I know"

Y/n: "What were the jobs?"

Torchwick: "Snatch and grab. Take orphans from the streets and indoctrinate them into the spires program, and I don't know what they planned to do with them. Didn't wanna ask."

Y/n: "did you take me?!"
His eyes go wide. I whistle and my arrow jabs at his windpipe gently
Y/n: "I asked you a question scumbag."

Torchwick: "I-I I don't know! Maybe, there were a lot of kids!"

Y/n: "how many did you take?!"

Torchwick: "I..."

Y/n: "you counted didn't you?!"

Torchwick: "512..." he hangs his head... he's ashamed?

Y/n: "why did you?"

Torchwick: "they said... they said they'd help my friend... and they did. I thanked them and went on my way but... they wanted more and more! They threatened to silence her if I didn't do what they told me... and then they did it anyway..."

Y:n: "your friend?"

Torchwick: "her names Neo... she was dying. The monks saved her, gave her amazing powers, she can shatter into glass and teleport! She's amazing but... they took her voice."

I release my hold on him and place my arrow into its sheathe.
Y/n: "you sent many to their deaths... for your friend?"

Torchwick: "I did... and if I had to do it all over again I would! Neo means the world to me."

Y/n: "guess you're not heartless after all..."

Torchwick: "oh no, I'm a heartless thief, anyone but her can be thrown off a cliff and become a flaming demon for all I care!"

Y/n: "that was... oddly specific..."

Torchwick: "look, can you help her? You've both gone through the sick treatments and experiments of the monks, you've both seen things that can't be unseen... can you come with me and talk with her?"

Y/n: "where is she?"

Torchwick: "we have an apartment the other side of town."

Y/n: "if, and that's a big if. If I do this for you, then you help me destroy the last of the monks and this... Nukaleavee. We both bury the last vestiges of the spire together. Deal?"

Torchwick: "deal."