Light in the darkness

*no one's POV*
Glynda paced back and forth in her office, constantly staring at the clock. The hands hit 6PM. She stopped and stood watching the door, hoping to hear the creaking of the hinges as Y/n walked in safe. She waited for what seemed like an eternity... still nothing. Her fists clenched as she grabbed her riding crop from the desk and jogged towards the door, opening it and locking it behind her she picked up the pace, eventually going from a jog, to a run, then to sprint as she sped towards the Bullhead she had on standby for the past 4 hours

Pilot: "Professor Goodwitch, ready when you are."

Glynda: "good. There's a bar in the city, named Juniors. You can drop me off there then return here and await further instructions."

Pilot: "yeah ma'am."

Blake: "PROFESSOR GOODWITCH WAIT!"
Blake sprints into the Bullhead as the engines begin to lift it off the ground

Glynda: "Miss Belladonna get off this Bullhead now!"

Blake: "not happening! You're going to look for Y/n right? Then I'm coming with you!"

Glynda: "absolutely not, this could be incredibly dangerous, you must stay here!"

Blake: "no. I'm sorry professor but I'm not letting Y/n get hurt again because of me!"

Glynda: "what do you mean 'again'?"

Blake: "well... we've got time for a story. Let me come with you and I'll tell you everything that happened between us."

Glynda: "alright... deal. "

*Y/n's POV*

I follow Roman through the streets and winding back alleys to a large abandoned warehouse, the roof broken, the walls decaying and dilapidated. He stops before we get to the door which still seems intact.

Torchwick: "alright one last thing before we go any further. Neo isn't a big fan of strangers. Just... just remain calm ok?"

Y/n: "hey I'm a cold blooded bastard, but I'm not heartless."

Neo taps on her scroll then looks back at us. Roman looks at his own scroll and answers her

Roman: "because Neo, he's like you. Y/n was used by the monks too." Her eyes light up as she looks back towards me.

Y/n: "I'd show you but I uh... I don't exactly like the side effects."

Neo taps on her scroll for a moment then holds it out for me to read
'Don't worry, I know how it feels. That arrow belonged to the warden'

I smile as I reach for it then hand it to her
Y/n: "he's dead. I made sure of that. The coat was his too, and my... ah shit! I left my helmet back there... oh well, guess the shadows gone for good."

Neo tilts her head then types out another message
'You're the shadow? I don't believe it'

Y/n: "yeah well you know how legends go, they don't always follow the facts."

Roman: "well I'm gonna get ya some food. Neo will you be ok on your own?"

Neo nods then smiles as she looks at me. She runs across and hugs me, I can feel her gently crying with no sound coming out

Y/n: "now that's an action that needs no explaining. I'm glad to meet another child of the spire too."

Roman: "Well alright, I'll be back soon." He shuts the door and Neo drags me over to a broken sofa to sit down with her.

Y/n: "Neo, if you're like me then... do you have the dream?"

She nods rather enthusiastically then begins typing again

'Not for a while now, I was always lucky because I never had to fight through the fields. I just walked there on my own.'

Y/n: "odd... I've not had it for a while either. I'm betting the spire is shut down now."

Neo types again
'So what did you do once you escaped?'

Y/n: *chuckles* "a lot actually. I made a name for myself as a member of the white fang for a time, yeah that ended in me being shot and betrayed. That was recently forgiven through after I finished-... y'know that doesn't matter."

She silently laughs as of knowing what I was about to say. She types on her scroll and places it on the table, then rests her head on her intertwined finger as her elbows rest on her knees
'Sounds like fun! Would that happen to be a certain black bow girl you plowed?'

Y/n: "Hahahaha! I wouldn't have quite put it that way but yeah! Hey how du know Blake?"

Neo rolls her eyes
'I can't tell you everything but we're working with someone who won't stop talking about her! >:('

Y/n: "let me guess, Adam?" She nods "always wanted what he couldn't have, I swear he just hurts himself for the sake of it!

Neo laughs silently then stops. Her face becomes one of dread as she quickly gets up and pulls me behind the sofa to hide.

I hear the warehouse door open and I hear a familiar voice call out

Adam: "Roman! Where are you? Neo, where's your boss?"