Even a shadow has claws

Adam: "Neo I asked you a question. Where is Roman?"

I cant see from here but I'd know that voice anywhere! Adam Taurus! I hear Neo taping on her scroll

Adam: "just great, when will he back?... shrugging your shoulders doesn't help Neo! Fine. I guess I'll wait around for him."

He sits down on the couch I'm currently hidden behind! I could kill him now, one whistle and I'll have made a Faunas sheeshkebab with my arrow... but nah. He'd never know who it was who killed him, instead let's have some fun. He places his scroll on the sofa arm as he starts sharping his sword on his lap. I place a finger on it then I focus and begin typing letters onto his scroll with my semblance as I hide back behind the couch. At the same time on both his and my phone I press play on the same song

*play song at top*

Adam: "what the hell?!" He reaches for his phone which I send spiralling upwards into the rafters with my powers "Neo what's going on?" Neo smirks and jumps up to catch his scroll and sit in the rafters of the building. She pulls out a small speaker from her coat and plugs it into his scroll

Y/n: "did you forget Adam? You can never run from the shadows of this world!" I leap from behind the couch and pin him to the ground.

Adam: "YOU?! How are you alive still?!" He kicks me in the chest with both feet, I use the momentum and focus my semblance, slowing my decent and landing across the room from him.

Y/n: "because you're a worse shot than you are a boyfriend! Speaking of your failed love life, me and Ghira Belladonna have something in common now."

Adam: "is it that you're both failures in my eyes?"

Y/n: "nope. It's that Blake calls us both daddy!"

I unsheathe Xena and give a whistle to make my arrow fly beside my shoulder as I death the two parts of Xena and begin unleashing strike after strike at him, he dodges most of them but a few lucky shots mange to hit their mark. Slice after slice from my blades and stab after stab from my arrow and still he fights strong!

Adam: "pathetic! You're telling me the shadow is this crap at fighting as he is at defending his family?"

Y/n: "what would you know about my family ass hat?!"

Adam: " more than you'd think."

Y/n: "oh shut up and fight me like a good antagonist!"

shadow: "release me..."

What the? I swear I heard something then? I'm distracted by my own mind playing tricks on me that I barely have time to dodge

With every strike his power grows, I begin to become overpowered. He lands a sucker punch into my gut with such force I'm sent flying!

Shadow: "you will fail unless you release me."

No! I'm done with letting you run my life! I won't lose control again!

*end song*

Adam: "where is the old Y/n huh? The one who killed people with a smile on his face? Where is the Y/n who didn't use such poultry weapons when it came to the serious fights?! Where is my true adversary?! SHOW ME THE SHADOW!"

Y/n: "he's staying locked away Adam! I'm not him anymore! And I wont allow myself to give in to his vile urges of violence ever again!"

Adam strikes me down to the floor and impales my shoulder with his blade

Adam: "then you will die a failure. You should have fought me at full strength, such a gift bestowed upon you and you waste it by locking it away. I'm disappointed."

It's as if the world becomes a void around me. All I see is blackness and a single bead of light illuminating a twisted and warped cage. Inside, with wings folded behind its back, and huddled in the corner is him... the shadow. I feel my hand reach for the cage door, I know I use give in and let him out... I have no choice

Y/n: "maybe those monks were right... maybe I am just someone's property. If I couldn't save myself from the spire, or my own family from their fates... maybe I am pointless."

Glynda: "what utter nonsense nephew!" I sudden;y snap to my senses and look up to the rafters, and beside Neo is aunt Glynda and Blake!

Adam: "BLAKE!"

Y/n: "Blake!" Me and Adam glare at each other

Glynda: "Y/n listen to me. If you don't beat him, you're going to die! And you're better than that! You're better than me! Our past actions do not define us, you taught me that!"

Y/n: "but... I'm not strong enough."

Glynda: "I don't believe that bullshit and neither do you Y/n! You aren't anyone's property, nor are you weak and helpless! Maybe the monks did use you for their sick experiments but that doesn't define you! Now awaken the shadow, sharpen Xena's blades, AND MAKE ME PROUD!"

Y/n: "b-but... what if I can't take control again?!"

Glynda: "you need to have faith that you will."

Blake: "you only give in to the shadow when you give up on your goals, and you know I won't let you give up! So long as you remember what you fight for Y/n! Now what do you fight for?!"

Y/n: "for you... for my aunt... AND FOR MYSELF! With a rush of dark energy I feel myself lift off of the ground, Adam removes his sword from my side as he jumps back defensively. My vision returns to the cage in that dark void... "shadow... would you like to assist me?"

Shadow: "I thought you'd never ask. And don't worry, I will return control once I designate this arrogant, condescending bastard!"

I hang my head and smile...
Y/n: "alright. The shadows want to play anyway, hehe ehehehe ehehehahahahaha!"

The black mist begins to fall from my eyes, creating a dense cloud of black fog which begins to surround my body, swirling around and coating my body, slowly turning to create shapes of dark and twisted angles and shapes until finally the shadows armour begins to form across my body, the demonic black wings start to coalesce from the remaining thick fog which still coats what hasn't been turned into armour "SHADOW! I GIVE YOU CONTROL!"

Shadow: "hahahaha haha, ahahahahaha! Finally! Oh Aaaaaa-dammm... do you still want to play?"

Adam: "it's about time that my true opponent reared his head! It's been too long shadow

Adam: "it's about time that my true opponent reared his head! It's been too long shadow."

Y/n: "long enough for us to plot Blake and grow stronger than you, absolutely!"

Glynda: "maybe tone it down on the graphic details."

Y/n: "oh, you're his aunt aren't you? Of course, I must abide by Y/n's demands or he will lock me away again, so I'll calm down."

Glynda: "shadow, try to be discreet about this ok? Keep the warehouse intact and no excessive violence deal?"

Y/n: "Strange, Y/n is asking me to rip this man limb from-" I block adam's blade as he tries to cut at my neck, with one hand I grasp the edge of his blade as it comes within inches of my throat "limb." I release an explosion of dark energy and blast Adam back."excuse me asshat, I was talking! I suppose you're just that stupid to interrupt me aren't you? So then mask man... LETS DANCE!"