#2 Ch.1The Grumpy Bear

Story: The Silent Duke
(Heiress #2)

Cast:

(Sophia Joscelind: Indiana Evans)

(Bernardino Duarte: Giulio Berruti)

(Dallas Jackson )

-------------------------------------------------------
Sweeping the floor.

Staring to the ring when no one is looking at her.

Two men are fighting right now. The master who owned this gym. A former boxing champion, Dallas Jackson. He retired three year ago. And opened this place "Jackson gym". A popular  place for gentlemen.

His opponent is Bernardino Duarte, Duke Rashellet . They said he never talked. Someone tried to kill him when he's only a teenager boy. His throat is badly hurt and he lost his voice.

The mute man groans while punching Dallas with all his might. Dallas avoids it easily.

"Too slow! Where's your strength, lover boy?" mocks Dallas while delivering a right Hook to the Duke.

Knocked out.

The Duke, like any other man who faced Dallas, is lying on the floor. Light out.

"Aren't you afraid? Beating up a Duke like that? You could go to prison," warns her.

"Nope. He never wanted me to go easy on him. Strange to see you're so interested in a man," teases him.

"I'm just worried for you," says her.

"Does it mean you change your mind?" asks him.

"No...sorry...I just don't see you in that light..."

"Oh, well. Can't blame me for trying."

"Sorry, Dallas. You are a good man."

"Said the woman who rejected my marriage proposal twice."

"Dallas..."

"Don't regret it later, sweetie pie. A guy like me is hard to get."

"I know. I'm the stupid one here."

Dallas wipes away his sweat with a small towel. He carries the unconscious Duke into a nearby (bed like) benches.

The gym has three benches to give weary fighters some rest. Or when they got knocked out cold like him.

"Take care of him, sweetie pie. I have an important meeting with another man," says Dallas while changing his clothes.

"Sure..."

*****

Short reddish brown hair. Tall and muscular figure. Reminded her of a strong bull.

The Duke groans loudly while rising from the bed.

(No...a grumpy bear would be more likely. Stretching his arms. Look at those biceps! How could a nobleman got those muscles? He doesn't need to work like a peasant...)

His blue eyes are squinting when staring her. She quickly offers him a bag of ice for him. He grunts while taking it.

"I must continue the cleaning, Your Grace," says her.

A grunt is his only answer.

(One grumpy bear...)

She continues her job, sweeping the floor.

(Dallas offered me a job here after mom died three years ago. I have known him for ages. The neighbors said I'm mad. Other girls would be thrilled to have a guy like him as a husband.

I always loves him like a brother. Having him as my husband. Just felt wrong...)

The Duke is pressing the ice pack to his swollen cheek.

Dallas never holds back against him. That's why he's the best trainer in town.

The maid is singing again. Her voice is very lovely for a short petite girl like her.

Ordinary blond hair. Almond shaped bluish gray eyes. Dallas' future wife. He warned every customers not to flirt her. No one wanna mess with the champion.

Bern stretches his back. And he walks toward a punching sandbag. Punching the bag till he felt his arms are going to fall off any moment now.

(Defeated. Must train harder. I must win in my next match with him...)

Sophia, the maid takes a glimpse.

(Why would a rich Duke train like that? As if his life depended on his fighting abilities)

She continues cleaning the gym. Before more noblemen come for their training sessions with Dallas.

(One day I would go to opera. And see at least one performance in my life. Even if I had to save money for years).

Her late mom used to be a singer in a small theatre. She taught her to sing. Singing is the only thing which keep her going when things got rough.
-----------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote and comment:)