Just Go Get My Knitting, Smartass

Request: Maybe one where you go blind deaf and mute bc of a witch. Don't really care what happens just a ton of fluff and angst probably but I would like it if when one of the boys goes to grab her see if she's okay after the witch she flinches and tries to scramble and they have to comfort her and she eventually recognizes their hands and scent and of course recognizes the feel of the backseat of the impala

...sister!reader (I'm not even sorry at this point, my muse has some 'splainin to do)

Sam POV

"SAM! UPSTAIRS!" (y/n) shouted, at what I was willing to bet was the top of her lungs. I sprinted up the stairs, closely followed by Dean, newly freed of his battle with a creature of the witch's. I ran as fast as I could to the only open door in the hallway upstairs. (y/n) looked over at me just as the witch tossed something in her face, some faintly glowing yellow powder. (y/n) stumbled backwards as Dean shot the witch. (y/n) looked around wildly, her eyes suddenly a milky white. Is she... blind?

"(y/n)!" Dean and I both called out. She didn't respond, so we called out again, going to her. She didn't respond to that either. Finally, she called out for us — or tried to. No sound would come out. We watched her try twice more, before we finally walked over to her. I caught her biceps in my hands, but (y/n) cried out soundlessly, wriggling out of my grasp.

"Sammy, she doesn't know it's you. She has no idea the witch is dead." Dean reminded me, taking my shoulder when I tried to run after (y/n) as she settled into a corner, milky eyes wide with terror. I nodded, composing myself and walking over slowly. (y/n) tensed when I got close enough for her to feel the floor shift with my weight. I squatted next to her, Dean close by. I noticed a slight shift in (y/n)'s demeanor as she noticed the second shift from Dean. I could practically see her wheels turning, wondering if indeed the two shifts were her brothers.

Dean took one of her hands, and I took the other. (y/n) started, gasping in a large breath, but the same breath also seemed to stop her. Gently extricating herself from our grasps, she shakily signed the signs we had come up with for mine and Dean's names. Mine was a book opening and an S popping out of it, while Dean's was a finger gun that shot out a D. Because, funnily enough, this was not the first time one of us had ended up deaf. More like the fifth, actually. But that's beside the point.

I wrote you know it across (y/n)'s palm and Dean tugged on her jacket, something she always did to him. That seemed to satisfy her, and she reached out, her hand trailing up my arm until she found my shoulder, then launched herself into my arms. Dean closed the hug on the other side, and (y/n) sank into the embrace, letting her guard down for a moment, until she pulled from the hug and straightened out.

"Well," she signed, very shakily since she couldn't see her hands, "this is a predicament."

It definitely is. I wrote across her arm. I was suddenly glad for all the times we had done this as little kids, stuck sharing a bed since we were twins. It had carried into adulthood and now it was coming in handy. Heh. Hand-y. Alright, I'll stop.

So, back to the bunker to figure this out? Dean wrote across (y/n)'s arm and said aloud to me.

Guess so. I answered. I took (y/n)'s hand and pulled her up, then wrote I'll be your guide. on (y/n)'s arm. I pulled her close, and slowly led her out, taking the stairs carefully and making sure she knew when we were going over steps or footing was changing. Slowly but surely, we made it out to the Impala,which she recognized simply by touch even from the outside and sank into the leather on the inside, and then to the bunker a few hours later. Dean turned the music on full blast so (y/n) could feel the vibrations in lieu of hearing the rock music she loved so much. Glancing in the rearview mirror, I could see (y/n) with her hand pressed against the seat and the door, enjoying the vibrations almost as much as hearing the music. She probably recognized the music solely from the vibrations, she listened to that stuff so much.