A Step To Move A Mountain

A/N

Thank you for being patient with these updates.

" There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right. "

- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Less than two weeks ago Dr

Less than two weeks ago Dr. King gave his 'I Have A Dream' speech. To many people, it shook their souls and not just those of color.

His words were either a wake-up call for some, yet to others, it went in one ear and out the other... even worse it lit a fire in those whites who were opposed to equal rights.

The tensions were high, but it was only the calm before another storm.

Monday
September 9th

Today was the day. Decision day.

Tia as much as she wanted to, decided not to go. However, despite how her mind was made up, she couldn't stop thinking about the letter that remained in her room's trashcan.

The second bell had rung causing the hallway to flood with students.

Makayla smiled as she snuck up behind her, catching Tia by surprise when she hooked their arms together. " Hey girly."

" Girl don't be sneaking up on me like that, scared me half to death," Tia exclaimed earning a chuckle from Makayla.

" Whatever you say, drama queen... Hey how did working for that Italian family turn out though?"

Tia smacked her teeth. " Like Hell."

Makayla hummed for she already knew the answer to the question.

They continued down the hall in silence, eyeing the chaos in the hallway. Various paper-balls or planes soaring and flying in the air, boys chasing after the girls, and girls gossiping about one another.

Makayla scoffed as one of the paper planes slid to her feet. "Honestly who would be childish enough to do this?" she asked picking it up as they stopped at Tia's locker." I swear these lower class-men get worse every year."

Michael walked down the halls alongside William, Ricky, and Martin as they continued to talk while throwing paper balls and planes.

The three surely weren't lower class-men.

" Aye, next weekend we should hit up the drive-in, heard that new scary movie The Haunting gonna be showing," Martin smirked as he eyed a few girls in sight. " Gotta find me a date to that shit."